Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA Billing 2016

Featured Replies

  • CLUB MEMBER
13 hours ago, Frisco said:

I have to add.

John please don't take my moaning as anything against yourself. I know you are only passing on the info and you may as well be talking to a wall as arguing with the vboa.

Thanks for keeping up up to date.

Same for me John.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 125
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So she's ready, flew through the mot and 8 hours of cleaning polishing and general pampering we are ready head off in the morning for billing. 

  • Apart from not turning up and taking any pictures yourself you mean Chris? Well it's this: That's everyone who hits FB first and doesn't post

  • It is the small operators that will be missing. As I understand it those with companies, VAT numbers etc will still be there. I agree with Ivan. The amount of Mk2 stuff available there has droppe

Posted Images

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Author

OK guys and gals, the booking details are now up in the diary entry.

VBOA are currently spitting blood because out of the blue the Billing management have said that vendors in the autojumble have to be licensed, leading to an expected slashing in number of vendors attending. This is VBOAs only source of revenue at the event. As a consequence this could well be the last one held there.

There is a VBOA meeting next weekend so I will know a bit more after that.

I just tried the premier inn website and its releasing rooms for 3 nights but not 2.

£300 for the 3 nights ....

 

Fookin how much? get camping man! I ve camped there and it was unseasonably wet for the few hours that i was there, but i can whole heartedly recommend it. \Ive even slept in my van before now (against the rules by the way...as the van was french) so anything goes really. May even come this year and camp subject to the high tide.........in another french van funnily enough but that does at least have the decency to wear a vauxhall badge, rather fitting for the occasion i think. ;) 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2016, 16:43:19, GreyDJ2 said:

OK guys and gals, the booking details are now up in the diary entry.

VBOA are currently spitting blood because out of the blue the Billing management have said that vendors in the autojumble have to be licensed, leading to an expected slashing in number of vendors attending. This is VBOAs only source of revenue at the event. As a consequence this could well be the last one held there.

There is a VBOA meeting next weekend so I will know a bit more after that.

why are they doing this don't they realize they could be killing the goose that lays the golden eggs

  • Author

It would appear that it is not just us but all the car shows are facing these problems. We won't know until later in the year what the plan is. The VBOA has sufficient funds to carry on with a smaller autojumble, but we don't know what impact that might have.

It seems there is a new manager onsite who is trying to make is mark. Whether Head Office agree that a loss of perhaps £250k in revenue can be made up or exceeded is unknown. Hopefully they will see sense.

Could we not write to the head office expressing concern to this change? If enough members from enough clubs hit the head office with letters of complaint/ concern, maybe the decision could be over ruled

 

  • Author

My thoughts as well but VBOA want to handle this themselves, possibly with the other clubs affected, especially the real biggie, Land Rover, who have many more than us attending.

  • 2 weeks later...

the autojumble is one of the main reasons for going to billing as you can pick up hard to find parts cheaply all in 1 place

 

  • Author

It is the small operators that will be missing. As I understand it those with companies, VAT numbers etc will still be there.

I agree with Ivan. The amount of Mk2 stuff available there has dropped dramatically over the years. Contacts here and Ebay being much better sources. The only real advantage at Billing is the reduced transport costs of large items, oh and a bit of impulse buying ::)

so in other words, ive got circa 11 weeks to either get my rotbox roadworthy or buy another car if i want to make the big one in a mk2 cav???

  • 3 weeks later...

Want to try and make it this year. Will be coming in my mk2 cav.What's the crack to get my car in with you lot. Tickets on the gate? General advice please.

Cheers

  • Author
2 hours ago, waynes-83-sri said:

Want to try and make it this year. Will be coming in my mk2 cav.What's the crack to get my car in with you lot. Tickets on the gate? General advice please.

Cheers

If you are coming for one day then yes, buy the £10 day ticket. Then you drive round to our pitch and drive onto it and say hello!

  • CLUB MEMBER

If you are early enough the chat is fairly sensible.....the later it gets the worse it gets.  When I say sensible its as sensible as it can be for strange folk for the love of the mk2 cav ;)

Still gutted I am not around this yr.......not sure I can make retro either.....rubbish.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

hello to all, as i am new to the forum, I would like to know if I bring my gold one along to the aquqdrome, will I be able to park her along side all the others to celebrate the 35th.

5 hours ago, retrotony87 said:

hello to all, as i am new to the forum, I would like to know if I bring my gold one along to the aquqdrome, will I be able to park her along side all the others to celebrate the 35th.

If your a club member then of course you can buddy, just pull up on the stand and I'm sure someone will advise you were to park.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Jonny will, he is our hero ;¬)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.