Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA Billing 2016

Featured Replies

 Event sign-up now live and in the calendar!

FULL BOOKING DETAILS NOW ADDED

 

Billing 2016 - 35th Anniversary the MK2 Cavalier

  • JUL15
    0
    VBOA Billing 2016
    15 July 2016 12:00 
    Until
    17 July 2016 16:00 

     XX users going 
     You are going

Edited by GreyDJ2

  • Replies 125
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • So she's ready, flew through the mot and 8 hours of cleaning polishing and general pampering we are ready head off in the morning for billing. 

  • Apart from not turning up and taking any pictures yourself you mean Chris? Well it's this: That's everyone who hits FB first and doesn't post

  • It is the small operators that will be missing. As I understand it those with companies, VAT numbers etc will still be there. I agree with Ivan. The amount of Mk2 stuff available there has droppe

Posted Images

  • CLUB MEMBER

Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go.  When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there!

I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you.  I cannot change the holiday before people say anything.  Not happy.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it.

As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I've updated the event calendar to have a heading, location etc.. Remember it's the 35th, so please use the new RSVP feature!

So there is the event in calendar, and then a chat thread - no sign-up thread needed anymore. Also. Any event can have a review and galleries added to it once you RSVP. Only members can RSVP (at lease if I've got the permissions right!)

 

  • CLUB MEMBER
19 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said:

I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it.

As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly.

Like I said John, its not your fault and I'd never shoot the messenger.  I'll have to go to another trip.....maybe retro....we'll see.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Three people have signed up to say they are doing Billing 2016. so far.

Can someone else (who's going) click on the widget I've added to John's post - or go to the calendar and say they're coming so I can see if the new widget works?! :D

Don't look good for me going now as the Mrs needs to book holidays a year in advance and booked at the confirmed dates that we were told 

  • CLUB MEMBER

I'll be there if I can find an engine.......... 

Well I'm definitely going, flooding or otherwise, in a mk2 cav, even I have to bloody buy one...again. Time my old estate met up with some its production line friends.

On 05/11/2015, 12:23:17, Greg said:

Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go.  When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there!

I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you.  I cannot change the holiday before people say anything.  Not happy.

what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there?

I have put myself down as a Maybe really want to go this year! Need to book time off work which I will try and do tomorrow. 

  • CLUB MEMBER
14 hours ago, Paul said:

what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there?

True, and I cannot play late night rugby with Younger either.......rubbish.  That said, I am eyeing up retro with the white one......just need to know the dates.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

On 12/11/2015, 09:14:41, Greg said:

True, and I cannot play late night rugby with Younger either.......rubbish.  That said, I am eyeing up retro with the white one......just need to know the dates.

Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ?

  • CLUB MEMBER
On 11/10/2015, 8:52:39, MikMac40 said:

I'll be there if I can find an engine.......... 

I'm not getting married this year, I'll be doing retro as well as Billing.. If Richie can convince younger to let me have his hatch rear floorpan seat mounts! ;)

  • CLUB MEMBER
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎17‎:‎44‎:‎24, Richie said:

Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ?

What pub where, at retro?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

we all camp in the pub grounds at tewksbury and head to retro sunday morning.

 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Its on the radar....we'll see how it all pans out.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

This has just come in from VBOA

Members have complained that hotel rooms are not available for the rescheduled Billing date of July 15-17 2016. I checked on-line reservations for the Premier Inn hotel which is on Crow Lane adjacent to the Billing site to find that the system currently only goes up to May 2016. I spoke to Premier Inn central reservations who said the hotel was fully booked that weekend but did not know why. They put me onto the Billing hotel who confirmed it was booked "as July is very busy with the GP, shows at Billing and Santa Pod". I explained that we were one of these shows and the GP was on the 10th. He checked some more and said that the rooms for that weekend were not booked, just "not released". In other words they are sitting on them until dates for events are clarified and they will no doubt formulate a pricing policy to take maximum advantage of the local situation. His advice was to check on-line reservations on a weekly basis as actually they had a "lot of rooms" - just not released yet!
He also said that Billing Aquadrome and other local venues give them a schedule of events so they can plan accordingly.
The FIA meeting to confirm the 2016 Grand Prix calendar is scheduled for next week.It is expeccted to rubber stamp the British GP for the 10th.

 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello John, did you voice some concern to the VBOA on the date change in that some of the members cannot make it from here?  Not having a gripe as what's done is done, but maybe for subsequent years date setting can be adjusted ;)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

I have to add.

John please don't take my moaning as anything against yourself. I know you are only passing on the info and you may as well be talking to a wall as arguing with the vboa.

Thanks for keeping up up to date.

What would Gordon do?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.