November 4, 201510 yr comment_210671 Event sign-up now live and in the calendar! FULL BOOKING DETAILS NOW ADDED Billing 2016 - 35th Anniversary the MK2 Cavalier JUL15 0 VBOA Billing 201615 July 2016 12:00 Until 17 July 2016 16:00 XX users going You are going Edited April 2, 201610 yr by GreyDJ2 Report
November 5, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210679 I'll be there. 35th and all. With yellow one. Report
November 5, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210681 Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go. When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there! I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you. I cannot change the holiday before people say anything. Not happy. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 5, 201510 yr Author comment_210685 I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it. As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly. Report
November 5, 201510 yr comment_210686 Morons and the word assumed go hand in hand. What would Gordon do? Report
November 5, 201510 yr comment_210693 Its another few days to get my heap ready so not all bad! Report
November 5, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210695 I've updated the event calendar to have a heading, location etc.. Remember it's the 35th, so please use the new RSVP feature! So there is the event in calendar, and then a chat thread - no sign-up thread needed anymore. Also. Any event can have a review and galleries added to it once you RSVP. Only members can RSVP (at lease if I've got the permissions right!) Report
November 6, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210698 19 hours ago, GreyDJ2 said: I agree with the dissatisfaction expressed but sorry, there is nothing we can do about it. As the British GP seemed to have settled on the same weekend the VBOA reasonably assumed it would continue like that, indeed there was a provisional list of dates released in July showing a 26 June date. It was only at a FIA meeting at the end of September that the date was changed. VBOA moved the event as we have experienced the effects of a clash in the past and we vowed not to let it happen again, as the A43 goes one way in then one way out on Sat/Sun (causing big diversions) and all the hotels and Billing increase their rates significantly. Like I said John, its not your fault and I'd never shoot the messenger. I'll have to go to another trip.....maybe retro....we'll see. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 10, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210746 Three people have signed up to say they are doing Billing 2016. so far. Can someone else (who's going) click on the widget I've added to John's post - or go to the calendar and say they're coming so I can see if the new widget works?! Report
November 10, 201510 yr comment_210747 Don't look good for me going now as the Mrs needs to book holidays a year in advance and booked at the confirmed dates that we were told Report
November 10, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210755 I'll be there if I can find an engine.......... Report
November 10, 201510 yr comment_210759 Well I'm definitely going, flooding or otherwise, in a mk2 cav, even I have to bloody buy one...again. Time my old estate met up with some its production line friends. Report
November 11, 201510 yr comment_210771 On 05/11/2015, 12:23:17, Greg said: Well that means that the white lx will probably be completed as I cannot go. When I was told the 8-11th July was set in stone, I booked a holiday, so I am gutted now as I won't be there! I am not blaming you John, as its the VBOA that have changed the dates, and not you. I cannot change the holiday before people say anything. Not happy. what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there? Report
November 11, 201510 yr comment_210778 I have put myself down as a Maybe really want to go this year! Need to book time off work which I will try and do tomorrow. Report
November 12, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210780 14 hours ago, Paul said: what am i gonna sit on now the blow up couch wont be there? True, and I cannot play late night rugby with Younger either.......rubbish. That said, I am eyeing up retro with the white one......just need to know the dates. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 13, 201510 yr comment_210801 On 12/11/2015, 09:14:41, Greg said: True, and I cannot play late night rugby with Younger either.......rubbish. That said, I am eyeing up retro with the white one......just need to know the dates. Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ? Report
November 13, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210805 On 11/10/2015, 8:52:39, MikMac40 said: I'll be there if I can find an engine.......... I'm not getting married this year, I'll be doing retro as well as Billing.. If Richie can convince younger to let me have his hatch rear floorpan seat mounts! ;) Report
November 16, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210827 On 13/11/2015 17:44:24, Richie said: Come for the weekend Greg, stay at the pub ? What pub where, at retro? Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 16, 201510 yr comment_210834 we all camp in the pub grounds at tewksbury and head to retro sunday morning. Report
November 17, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210845 Its on the radar....we'll see how it all pans out. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 25, 201510 yr Author comment_210897 This has just come in from VBOA Members have complained that hotel rooms are not available for the rescheduled Billing date of July 15-17 2016. I checked on-line reservations for the Premier Inn hotel which is on Crow Lane adjacent to the Billing site to find that the system currently only goes up to May 2016. I spoke to Premier Inn central reservations who said the hotel was fully booked that weekend but did not know why. They put me onto the Billing hotel who confirmed it was booked "as July is very busy with the GP, shows at Billing and Santa Pod". I explained that we were one of these shows and the GP was on the 10th. He checked some more and said that the rooms for that weekend were not booked, just "not released". In other words they are sitting on them until dates for events are clarified and they will no doubt formulate a pricing policy to take maximum advantage of the local situation. His advice was to check on-line reservations on a weekly basis as actually they had a "lot of rooms" - just not released yet! He also said that Billing Aquadrome and other local venues give them a schedule of events so they can plan accordingly. The FIA meeting to confirm the 2016 Grand Prix calendar is scheduled for next week.It is expeccted to rubber stamp the British GP for the 10th. Report
November 25, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210898 Hello John, did you voice some concern to the VBOA on the date change in that some of the members cannot make it from here? Not having a gripe as what's done is done, but maybe for subsequent years date setting can be adjusted Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 25, 201510 yr comment_210900 Yet again morons. The GP date isn't even official! Hotel bookings isn't the only thing people have to rearrange either. Terrible management. What would Gordon do? Report
November 25, 201510 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_210904 Thanks for the update John. I guess it's a case of watch this space???? Report
November 25, 201510 yr comment_210906 I have to add. John please don't take my moaning as anything against yourself. I know you are only passing on the info and you may as well be talking to a wall as arguing with the vboa. Thanks for keeping up up to date. What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.