June 4, 20188 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_217420 On 03/06/2018 at 08:46, otipoiss said: I have indeed. The doors were in when i marked sideskirt holes on the sills. Good work then, watching the progress on this takes me back to working on mine. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
June 8, 20188 yr Author comment_217452 Working on the boot/rear apron. Since my tools are limited to hammers and dollys, and also some bits of wood, the result is nothing near concours quality. But the grooves there are necessary, so they had to be done somehow. I have also ordered new front and rear aprons, hopefully they arrive next week. Some sandblasted and painted bits. Report
June 14, 20188 yr Author comment_217472 Now whats left? Some holes here and there, the roof, and the front apron, but that can be welded on after I've finished the underside. Oh, forgot about few brackets and those welds that need over doing. My idea is to apply all necessary coatings to the underside while the car is still on the rotisserie. Plus maybe to do the brake and fuel lines. Edited June 14, 20188 yr by otipoiss Report
June 15, 20188 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_217475 16 hours ago, otipoiss said: My idea is to apply all necessary coatings to the underside while the car is still on the rotisserie. Plus maybe to do the brake and fuel lines. I did this, except the fuel and brake lines (which is a job I haven't sorted yet). I love your rotisserie setup.... Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
November 20, 20187 yr Author comment_218403 Painted and covered with stone protection. Im going to add another layer of paint on top of it, that is when im done sanding the inside of the car, and painted that with primers. Report
November 20, 20187 yr comment_218408 Looking good. You can never have enough protection on the underneath. As the last task before it gets turned back get wax into all the cavities, drill holes into those that don't already have them with plastic plugs to seal them again. If you are putting power steering in don't forget to reinforce that area Report
November 25, 20187 yr Author comment_218418 Took me 4 days to get it all sanded and all the little rust spots removed. At least those i could see. Ive also brushed seam sealer all over the place, which made it look horrible now, but i think another layer of white will not harm anyone. Question aswell. What colour should I paint the underside? I dont think white would be very practical, but if the underside would have been white from the factory then... Another recommendation I got was to do something with the sunroof drainage pipes at the front. From factory they just end at the inside of the sills. No go, I have sealed those completely, the water would have no escape from there. So maybe an attempt to shorten them, continue with softer and smaller diameter pipe/hose, and guide those to the wheel arch? Edited November 25, 20187 yr by otipoiss Report
December 11, 20187 yr Author comment_218456 Still not sure about the boot paint scheme.It seems some parts are white, some are dark grey. Maybe someone has a picture of how it should be done? Im currently thinking of painting the boot and underside of the car at one go, with dark grey. Report
December 13, 20187 yr comment_218457 On 11/12/2018 at 18:54, otipoiss said: I had an early SRi, in the boot including arches supports and rear panel were anthracite, same as the lower body, the 1/4 panels were same as body. awesome project by the way..... Still not sure about the boot paint scheme.It seems some parts are white, some are dark grey. Maybe someone has a picture of how it should be done? Im currently thinking of painting the boot and underside of the car at one go, with dark grey. Report
December 13, 20187 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_218459 Rear end anthracite is definitely more complicated than you think going from memory... esp when going for a respray. Need a picture of a factory SR / SRi for sure! Report
December 14, 20187 yr comment_218460 17 hours ago, andy said: Rear end anthracite is definitely more complicated than you think going from memory... esp when going for a respray. Need a picture of a factory SR / SRi for sure! looking back, I think the rear shelf and big "X" behind the rear seat was anthracite too...... Report
January 3, 20197 yr comment_218486 WOW!! It´s a high level boss job!! congratulations from Brazil.😎 Report
January 4, 20197 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_218489 Think our international friends are putting our cav projects to shame right now! This is coming on nicely! Once I get a garage this is exactly the kind of thing I'd like to do with the Ascona. Report
January 4, 20197 yr Author comment_218493 Thank you for your kind words and support! Happy new year aswell to everybody! As seen on the pictures, the underside ( and trunk ) has been painted, to a dark grey colour. I've also drawn some circles around some holes. I dont think it would be smart to leave these like this, but cannot recall if they had something in them from the factory or not? Ofcourse i mean only those that are just holes, not the ones meant for bolts. Edited January 4, 20197 yr by otipoiss Report
March 20, 20197 yr Author comment_218748 I dont have much to report other than I accidentally found another set of Ronal Irmschers on sale. The only reason I bought them was the centercaps and a special tool for them. Now i need to find replacement logos for them, mine are all hazy and cracked. Anyone knows where to source these? Report
April 3, 20197 yr Author comment_218814 Fuel gauge sender units, are these something that are related to body/tank, or engine, or something else? Earth terminal has rotted away on mine, I think it could be welded back, but the little pipe is the bigger problem here. I dont think these details could be bought anymore... Report
February 7, 20206 yr Author comment_219917 Just to show some signs of life. Made some mistakes with the filler, but hey its my first time. Will redo. Edited February 7, 20206 yr by otipoiss Report
February 8, 20206 yr Author comment_219921 Out of 4 doors 1 seems to be more or less OK. Left side doors are worse than right hand side ones. Long way to go still . Report
February 10, 20206 yr Author comment_219934 I'm not sure you could call mine i200 as it is not a Swiss car. The car has been sold new in Sweden instead. Good news, I've found better doors for the left side. From my hometown, cost me nearly nothing. Happy about those. Report
May 4, 20206 yr Author comment_220354 Some pretty little things. Preparations. Had to replace 3 doors actually, the one I didnt, has been replaced in the past. So there will be no original doors :D Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.