January 4, 201511 yr comment_205996 Hello, I live in the Dordogne in SW france and bought an LHD Opel Ascona GT 130 in September '12. I use the car regularly as it was MOT'd when I bought it - 2 years mot in france. It has had it's problems. Fuel pump relay, and just this last week lumpy idling and hesitation under acceleration. It has just had new bosch ventilated discs, pads and a set of softer compound tyres. The michelin energy savers I bought it with were useless. This has changed the car. I love it and despite my recent frustrations will continue to learn through the haynes on how to maintain and cherish this car. It's a two owner car, I'm the 3rd. Has 174,000kms on it. Original bill of sale and loads of bills. Would like to share some photo's with you all. And equally would like to see a 'debarquement' of mk2 cavs in the south of france at some point. Such and odd ball car to see here compared to holland and germany where they were also very popular. Great car! Report
January 4, 201511 yr comment_205997 Welcome to our club! You need to post some pictures up of your car, we can help with any running problems you have as we have some very experienced people here.. Report
January 5, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206004 Welcome to the site.....get some pictures up when you can please :angel: Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 5, 201511 yr comment_206015 We were in the South West of France in September, well, 5 of us in our Cavs.We stayed near Bergerac and went to Angouleme for the historic race event there. Brilliant incredible weekend we had so we'll be back at some point!Welcome to the club, get some pictures up! Report
January 6, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206025 Welcome aboard! We have big plans for an update to the site in the next few months. Going to integrate it more with facebook, make it easier to upload pics, work on mobile devices, and allow all members to write articles. Get some photos up!Also: It did happen! ;D Report
January 6, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206029 Welcome aboard! We have big plans for an update to the site in the next few months. Going to integrate it more with facebook, make it easier to upload pics, work on mobile devices, and allow all members to write articles.O no.....i'm going to have to get on that then.....have they got a dislike button yet (for all the 1-up-mans-ship and look at me rubbish)? Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
January 6, 201511 yr comment_206031 O no.....i'm going to have to get on that then.....have they got a dislike button yet (for all the 1-up-mans-ship and look at me rubbish)?Yeah I've got to agree Facebook does nothing for me either. I rejoined recently after couple years when I was looking to buy another cavalier and it's still sh&t. Andy. What's the benefit of the link up and will new site still be usable if your not on Facebook?Thanks Report
January 6, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206032 No, it wont affect whether you use that or the site - just a bridge between the two to bring interaction levels on the site up a bit, and you can ignore the FB parts or not whether you are on it or not, so don't worry! ;D Report
January 6, 201511 yr comment_206033 No, it wont affect whether you use that or the site - just a bridge between the two to bring interaction levels on the site up a bit, and you can ignore the FB parts or not whether you are on it or not, so don't worry! ;D Report
January 6, 201511 yr comment_206035 I don't do Facebook and sometimes think that's why its quiet on here .would be even worse if everyone just went on Facebook page instead can't see me re joining Facebook so I'll probably miss out on quite a bit so we will see what happens . Report
January 13, 201511 yr Author comment_206097 Can't believe 5 of you were in Bergerac. It's down the road. Thanks for all the replies. Do I have to put photo's on to something like photobucket first? Need some help here please. Cheers, Rich. Report
January 13, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206098 On this site yes, the new site no! Next time we go to France or Spain you'll have to meet us. If you don't come to the UK first of course! ;D Report
January 13, 201511 yr comment_206099 I don't do Facebook and sometimes think that's why its quiet on here .would be even worse if everyone just went on Facebook page instead can't see me re joining Facebook so I'll probably miss out on quite a bit so we will see what happens .I am with you cavvypogo, I am on facebook or at least have a profile there but hardly ever on. So don't worry I'll still be here to keep you company . Sorry JB3GT8 for helping hijack your thread. Report
January 13, 201511 yr Author comment_206100 No worries for hijacking thread. I don't do loserbook either!! Report
January 13, 201511 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_206102 No worries for hijacking thread. I don't do loserbook either!!lol Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.