July 21, 201412 yr comment_202681 on my way back from soton last week with my wife, we stopped in at a service station & as she went orf for the ladies, i popped into the shop bit & spotted a mag which was giving valuations of most classic cars, so i looked at the cav & as follows. cav sri,( only model mentioned ) excellent condition ;£3000, good condition; £2000, to project car £650. also gave the status on the cavalier being "rare" Report
July 21, 201412 yr comment_202684 I was having this chat with a few at Billing and I came to the conclusion I don't really know what mines worth :-[ Report
July 21, 201412 yr comment_202687 Any Cav/classic car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it As I said to greg at billing i own a Cav because I like the car !! Report
July 21, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_202688 I think those prices are sensible, given what people will pay for an SRi project and that whilst we are free of "scene tax" etc. the biggest stall on their residual values has been their own owners trash talking them hehe. :angel: Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202692 Any Cav/classic car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it As I said to greg at billing i own a Cav because I like the car !!id most definately agree there mate ,i love cavs and if they are rising in value then thats just a bonus in my opiniin Report
July 22, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_202693 Any Cav/classic car is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it As I said to greg at billing i own a Cav because I like the car !!Thats the only way, mk2s is all about the love. None of the rotters are "worth," the agro to fix. I'd hate to think the garage costs of the work thus far put into the white one. It won't be up for sale, ever.(assumming it gets completed) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202697 Sometimes money does not come into the equation, i would not sell the 130 saloon for £5,000 and have last year been offered £4000 which i think? was a genuine offer.My personal value is around the 4k mark condition "A" NOT concours for a 130 with full history all bills etc, others may think 3k.What value do you put on Dazys 130 hatch? again i would say about 7k poss more again just my opinion.As someone has stated they are worth only what someone is prepared to pay. Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202698 i think we all just like cavs ,where as i am involved with a mixed make car club and most of the ford boys seem to be worried about the value more than we do ,although one guy has a rep gt40 and he loves it at shows when people walk past a £25k escort to look at my cabby :D Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202699 I do think though as time goes by and MK2Cavs get rarer and depending on the spec,condition and people realising how good a classic car they are values will rise. Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202700 i think you are right ,but i am not in it for the money ,i ,like most of us just like the cars Report
July 22, 201412 yr comment_202701 I am amazed that they recon my car is worth £650 Best get it listed on ebay as barnfind.......or more accuratly scrapyard find Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.