Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What have you got to do before Billing

Featured Replies

Sort the brakes, re-test, tax, clean etc etc.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the brakes not fixed yet? You've had ages

that's right Ivan, you give him some stick. LOL!  :P :P :P

Caliper due today, can't fit it til tomorrow as today's Jo's birthday and the car's miles away. Couldn't get the car back here with the brakes stuck on. So plan is to sort it all tomorrow night, re-test Thursday morning, hopefully tax Thursday afternoon. Dunno when it's gonna cleaned.

Cheers mate! Just gotta hope I can get it there!

Got a little bit of tidying up on one back arfh to finish off (leaving the other one looking bubbly this year as ran out of time to do it as working all week), MOT tomorrow (fingers crossed) then it's third wash and polish this week!

If it fails the MOT I might be in my works car!

Needs taxing too!

My fault really, leaving it all until the last minute!

Would normally have been on the road since March or April!

I had panned to do a load of sprucing up this evening but the weather so bloody good think I'm gonna just go for a drive instead later!

find a super cheap, taxed and tested cav that i can bring to Billing. It was today last year that I bought Betty!! ;):D

Tim Am not cleaning the fooker  :D

You and Jonny! I'll sit back with a beer and offer encouragement! ;)

Replaced the ford number plates yesterday with decent ones and fitted 2 new rear lights which I found in my shed.

Also found clear front indicators, not sure whether to change them or leave them orange?

Loads more I have planned but will be for later in the year

Leave them orange. Besides you'd have to change the headlights to fit the clear ones

kinda agree, leave it early I think.

Well I've still got to go and get the Cav! It's still hiding in the lock up with her print out from the RR on the dash!!

Renew the tape holding the indicator in.

Then put some more fuel in and then the snow foam can commence ;)

 

 

 

Well, Silvia failed the MOT, today but thankfully, only on front brake balance!

She's now ready for the re-test tomorrow after cleaning up the calipers and sliders when I got home from work tonight.

I took her out for a run, slamming on the brakes hard and she seams to pull straight now.

Not bad considering she'd not been driven since December!

The caliper sliders were solid and took some work to free them up, more so at one side!

Time for ATE calipers mi thinks!

kinda agree, leave it early I think.

all that car needs is a snowplough  on the front I wouldn't change anything else imo

all that car needs is a snowplough  on the front I wouldn't change anything else imo

He I'm waiting on the snow plough ;)

i got jobs coming at me from every angle like try and get wheels painted and fix handbrake change clocks mop car clean oil of carpets and seats oil change and possbly change slipping clutch so lets see  ::)

Failed MOT again! Brake imbalance on one circuit, opposite corners front to rear - master cylinder do we think?

I dont understand Rich, surely they only test one (front or rear) axle brake efficiency at a time? I didnt think they checked all four brakes simultaneously.

Maybe you have duff brakes at these opposite corners and its not the master cylinder at all?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.