July 8, 201313 yr comment_189524 How are the brakes not fixed yet? You've had ages What would Gordon do? Report
July 8, 201313 yr comment_189529 How are the brakes not fixed yet? You've had ages that's right Ivan, you give him some stick. LOL! :P Report
July 9, 201313 yr comment_189546 Caliper due today, can't fit it til tomorrow as today's Jo's birthday and the car's miles away. Couldn't get the car back here with the brakes stuck on. So plan is to sort it all tomorrow night, re-test Thursday morning, hopefully tax Thursday afternoon. Dunno when it's gonna cleaned. Report
July 9, 201313 yr comment_189548 I know when it's going to get cleaned!Friday morning with my pallet full of goodies from elite auto!! Report
July 9, 201313 yr comment_189551 Got a little bit of tidying up on one back arfh to finish off (leaving the other one looking bubbly this year as ran out of time to do it as working all week), MOT tomorrow (fingers crossed) then it's third wash and polish this week!If it fails the MOT I might be in my works car!Needs taxing too!My fault really, leaving it all until the last minute!Would normally have been on the road since March or April! Report
July 9, 201313 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_189552 Fix central locking in gold one.Cheer on everyone working to tight deadlines! Report
July 9, 201313 yr comment_189570 I had panned to do a load of sprucing up this evening but the weather so bloody good think I'm gonna just go for a drive instead later! Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189646 find a super cheap, taxed and tested cav that i can bring to Billing. It was today last year that I bought Betty!! Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189650 Tim Am not cleaning the fooker You and Jonny! I'll sit back with a beer and offer encouragement! Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189656 You and Jonny! I'll sit back with a beer and offer encouragement! thats what i was thinking, Dazzy running a Billing masterclass on cleaning Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189664 Replaced the ford number plates yesterday with decent ones and fitted 2 new rear lights which I found in my shed.Also found clear front indicators, not sure whether to change them or leave them orange?Loads more I have planned but will be for later in the year Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189667 Leave them orange. Besides you'd have to change the headlights to fit the clear ones What would Gordon do? Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189671 Leave them orange. Besides you'd have to change the headlights to fit the clear oneskinda agree, leave it early I think. Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189672 i would say leave it early plus i like the retroness of the orange Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189677 Well I've still got to go and get the Cav! It's still hiding in the lock up with her print out from the RR on the dash!!Renew the tape holding the indicator in.Then put some more fuel in and then the snow foam can commence Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189688 Well, Silvia failed the MOT, today but thankfully, only on front brake balance!She's now ready for the re-test tomorrow after cleaning up the calipers and sliders when I got home from work tonight.I took her out for a run, slamming on the brakes hard and she seams to pull straight now.Not bad considering she'd not been driven since December!The caliper sliders were solid and took some work to free them up, more so at one side!Time for ATE calipers mi thinks! Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189692 kinda agree, leave it early I think. all that car needs is a snowplough on the front I wouldn't change anything else imo Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189694 all that car needs is a snowplough on the front I wouldn't change anything else imoHe I'm waiting on the snow plough Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189695 i got jobs coming at me from every angle like try and get wheels painted and fix handbrake change clocks mop car clean oil of carpets and seats oil change and possbly change slipping clutch so lets see Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_189711 Failed MOT again! Brake imbalance on one circuit, opposite corners front to rear - master cylinder do we think? Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_189712 I dont understand Rich, surely they only test one (front or rear) axle brake efficiency at a time? I didnt think they checked all four brakes simultaneously.Maybe you have duff brakes at these opposite corners and its not the master cylinder at all? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.