June 19, 201313 yr comment_188428 I am now the new owner of E276 EAN (white cabby on ebay) and will be collecting her in the first week of July.This car is in really good nick with no rot at all and would not take a lot of effort to bring back to mint condition.As soon as I get her back home I will posting a few pics up and now I will be able to come to events with a MK2CAV ;DSadly though I have decided to throw in the towel on the red cabby as my sprayer has taken a year to bring her up to spec!!!! (Long story,Originally told 4weeks to complete!!! >) and I have to say the car is in peices and is still rotten >But she will live on as spares keeping my white cabby on the road. Report
June 19, 201313 yr Author comment_188485 Thanks guys cant wait to pick it up!!!Just waiting for the 1st of July so that I can tax it!!Hate giving the government money for nothing Report
June 19, 201313 yr comment_188487 thats cool mate, hope the nice weather holds to make the most of it Report
June 20, 201313 yr comment_188527 that looked nice and clean ,bet you cant wait to get it home Report
June 20, 201313 yr comment_188533 Looked like a nice one from the pics, look forward to seeing another Cabby owner at the shows. Report
June 20, 201313 yr Author comment_188535 Yes cant wait to get back home,wont take much to make mint,only 3 places on body work that need attention ; ;But in the mean time a good clean and polish inside and out will do at the mo and will be ready for the shows!!! At some point will be stripping whats left of my old cabby (wont take to long,only engine,gearbox,bonnet,both front wings,doors and dashboard left to strip)and i need to have a conversation with my sprayer to tell him Im pulling the plug on this project.Between january and june this year he ha only welded on one wheel arch and n/s sill!!! at this rate my cabby may have been ready for 2025!!! > Report
July 17, 201313 yr Author comment_190021 Hi GuysPicked up new cabby on saturday and was running fine until sunday morning when it started running a bit rough!!!(missing) Ticks over ok when sitting idle,any thoughts(and yes will get some pictures up soon 8)) Report
July 17, 201313 yr comment_190022 and was running fine until sunday morning when it started running a bit rough!!!(missing) Check for any air leaks and clean out all the throttle body etc. for a starter. Report
July 17, 201313 yr Author comment_190024 Check for any air leaks and clean out all the throttle body etc. for a starter.Thanks markHad a good look over the engine bay last night and the air filter hose for starters will need replacing and the fuel filter looks as if it hasnt been changed for ages as well as the coolant which is a nice shade of mud brown!!! :-[I know the car has done roughly a thousand miles in 2 yrs,It is in really good condition and once I do a bit of TLC on it I will be on to a winner ;D Report
July 17, 201313 yr comment_190025 All what I mentioned are cost free things you can do If its the big rubber inlet hose, there is a quick fix to get you by. Its a bit of a bodge however.If you want to start throwing money at it then there are lots of things you can do.Check for a bad earth on the fuel sender and run a seperate earth to it if you need. Report
July 17, 201313 yr comment_190035 If its the hose from airflow meter to inlet manifold , I have a spare one if you need it. Report
August 3, 201313 yr Author comment_190784 Now got this running right ;D,Repaired air meter hose,new plugs and leads.Now beginning the deep clean and will now get some pics up ;D Just spent most of the day driving it with a big grin as it now drives superb :D Report
August 5, 201313 yr Author comment_190840 you cant beat a cabby in the summer ;DI totally agree Report
August 5, 201313 yr comment_190844 We need photos especially as someone has given you detailed instructions on how to post pics ;D ;D :-* Report
August 7, 201313 yr Author comment_190940 We need photos especially as someone has given you detailed instructions on how to post pics ;D ;D :-* Try to get some up this weekend ;D Report
August 14, 201313 yr comment_191214 Don't forget to update the 'List' http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,11733.msg97647.html#msg97647 Report
August 14, 201313 yr Author comment_191217 Don't forget to update the 'List' http://www.mk2cav.com/index.php/topic,11733.msg97647.html#msg97647I now have the following cabbys.E249 EAN White 87 1.8i Cabriolet and D34 TPP Carmine Red 1.8i Cabriolet(Jury still out as to what I am going to do with this one?) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.