February 25, 201313 yr comment_184696 The 31st VBOA Meeting at Billing is the biggest Vauxhall, Bedford and Opel show in the UK, hopefully with a lot less water than last year!The site is just off the A45 and its address is Billing Aquadrome, Crow Lane, Great Billing, Northampton, NN3 9DA.Whilst the show dates are Saturday July 13th and Sunday July 14th 2013 we have members who turn up from Thursday and leave on Monday. Members who show a car on our stand will receive a 'Billing 2013' windscreen sticker.The cost is the same as last year, with a pre-booked VBOA rally rate for non-electric pitches, which applies to the Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night of £15. Extra nights outside those days are £20.This discounted rate is for one vehicle with a maximum of four occupants. Extra vehicles that do not leave the site are £10 for the visit, if they leave they are charged at £10 per day. Pre-booking also allows entry to the Leisure Centre swimming pool at half price, £2.50 and various special meal prices in the Leisure Centre.To pre-book call 01604 408181, select option 2 or 01524 781453 and quote the VBOA booking code - VBOA16 Do this BEFORE the 5th July as bookings after that date will be at the full rate. Please keep this booking reference to Club members only.Those coming for just a day and not staying overnight will be charged £10 per vehicle, with up to 4 occupants, on the gate with no pre-booking.The existing toilet and shower blocks are to be refurbished plus an extra portable shower unit and toilet unit will be brought in for the Swans Field area. All will be open and serviced 24 hours a day.The enhanced Billing Security team plus a dedicated VBOA dog handler will provide security and apply an 11.00pm site curfew/excess noise rule. Chinese lanterns are not permitted, as these are a potential fire hazard.There will be entertainment in the Leisure Centre on Saturday night.Park management will attend the 9.00am VBOA rep briefing meetings on Saturday and Sunday morning to handle any complaints about facilities etc.This should be a really good event, so get your names down in a post. Please do not modify the ‘who is coming when’ post. Mods will do that from your posts, just as we do with the ‘who has got what Cavalier’ thread.Please keep this thread to booking only. Use the other Billing chat thread for chat!!!As usual this is a formal club event so while everyone is welcome to drop by and join in only members who are paid up at the time of the event can show their cars on the stand. Report
February 25, 201313 yr comment_184697 THIS IS THE 'WHO IS COMING WHEN' POST. (THIS BOOKS YOUR MK2 ONTO THE STAND)THESE ARE THE HEADINGS WE WILL USEPlease do not cut and post it. Mods will add your name.Please put your name and which Cav you are bringing.Friday overnight/SaturdaySaturday overnight/Sundaykensascona - sr/eFriday overnight/Saturday overnight/SundayOOG - Grey ConvertibleRaven - Redtop HatchWill B - Redtop Cdigm-j-car - gold estate from Germany Dazzy - ChampersBrett - Turbo sriAnni - OliverFrisco - It's greeny I thinkAllansri - Redtop hatchAndy - OrwinJonny - Jewish racing Gold 190+ BHP V6Steffi - NodesKeir - cdi Mikmac 40 (Mike) - Calibre (the shiny red one)Newbody & Gigsy - CavRosco - CavBlitz - white 2 doorvauxal - CalibreHammopower CalibreWullies - black sriFriday day onlyGreyDJ Grey CDiSaturday day onlyGreyDJ Grey CDiDamo early Sri saloonSunday day onlyGreyDJ Grey CDiRabbit Blue saloonMatt O SRi SRi HatchMk2cav turbo Cav turbo saloon Attending with no cavRichieRocketTimMarkYoungIW - with VivaRich Skoda Rapid! Report
April 10, 201313 yr comment_186091 I was just reading through this thread John and I see it states you have to be a club member to show your car on the club stand. I was wondering why this has to be the case , insurance or something? as over the previous years non members have shown their cars on the stand? I'm a current member and may have a car by then so no big issue but just wondered. Report
April 10, 201313 yr comment_186095 It's completely an insurance thing and official events have always been club members only for this reason. Non members can attend with us but their car cannot be on the stand. What would Gordon do? Report
July 2, 201313 yr comment_189204 Not long to go now! Any more names for the list? What would Gordon do? Report
July 2, 201313 yr comment_189234 Are we BBQing saturday night, more importantly will rocket be supplying meat this year ?, hopefully he wont have to sleep in his car with it all this year. Report
July 2, 201313 yr comment_189237 I hope we do have a BBQ but I cant be the cook this year. Any volunteers? What would Gordon do? Report
July 2, 201313 yr comment_189238 I hope we do have a BBQ but I cant be the cook this year. Any volunteers?Understandable mate, im sure we can all muck in, but remember there's only 1 BBQ king, MR COX Report
July 2, 201313 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_189239 Agreed. Club can cover the basic cost, and happy to run out and get a few bits and pieces, but I'm running a stag weekend this weekend in the middle of nowhere so I'll be clapped out and looking for a calm(ish) one! So it'd need someone to head it up and make it happen! Report
July 2, 201313 yr comment_189242 Had to change my day to Sunday I'm afraid lads. Will be there very early till the afternoon. My son leaves Junior school this year and Sod's law it's on the 13th. I've got to take him, he's looking forward to it. Might pop down Friday evening to say hi but won't be stopping over. Report
July 3, 201313 yr comment_189297 Thread trimmed. This is the booking not chat thread!Don't forget to book before Friday if you want a discounted stay! Report
July 3, 201313 yr comment_189300 Going have to try and remember to book tomorrow, who's going Thursdayas it was trimmed dazzy and its not on the list here (because it goes from friday ) here are the guys that have said they are going thursday myself keir paul young toni richy maybe brett paul Dazi will send you a message Don't forget to book before Friday if you want a discounted stay!my weekend was very cheap ! well most of its free due to last year lol Report
July 4, 201313 yr comment_189322 Yeah this is a sign up thread but can we not just delete content please. Move it into the chat thread. What would Gordon do? Report
July 6, 201313 yr comment_189394 Are we BBQing saturday night, more importantly will rocket be supplying meat this year ?, hopefully he wont have to sleep in his car with it all this year.Am on it Richie !! Report
July 6, 201313 yr comment_189395 Hi ya guysThink iam going to make it this year! So can someone put me down for Friday Saturday and Sunday will be bringing the black Sri 130 again! cheers wullie Report
July 6, 201313 yr comment_189438 Hello folks,I'll arrive on Thursday and am very excited.Here's some small correction.I'm coming from the northern part of Germany with my estate (not Holland). By the way ... I love the Netherlands...Greetings,Tom alias GM-J-CARP.S. I've got some things for Andy and his new car - as I already promised. Report
July 6, 201313 yr comment_189443 Hi guys and gals, not been around much lately but I'm coming down Friday to Sunday, Cav or no Cav!Silvia's in for her MOT on Wednesday so wish me luck! Been so bloody busy, not had chance to do owt on her (or my other projects) so if she fails, I'll be down in my Rapid or whatever company car I have by then! Report
July 10, 201313 yr comment_189690 Who has the gazeebos? Are they coming?I think we might need the shade rather than the shelter What would Gordon do? Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_189699 just joined at last so add me now sunday only mk2 cav turbo cheersAdded. Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_189709 Well, I'm coming but looks like I'll be Cav-less Re-test on her today and she still failed on brake balance - suspected master cylinder as it's more powerful on one diagonal circuit than the other.Might just need bleeding maybe? Dunno but I'll have to pay for another full test now, which I haven't got the spare cash for this month, so bugger it - Rapid Diesel it is! Report
July 11, 201313 yr comment_189710 Well, I'm coming but looks like I'll be Cav-less Re-test on her today and she still failed on brake balance - suspected master cylinder as it's more powerful on one diagonal circuit than the other.Might just need bleeding maybe? Dunno but I'll have to pay for another full test now, which I haven't got the spare cash for this month, so bugger it - Rapid Diesel it is!List updated mate Report
January 20, 201412 yr comment_196750 I'll be coming with Tracy on Friday till Monday. Should be in a Cav if all goes to plan!! Report
January 20, 201412 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_196751 I'll be coming with Tracy on Friday till Monday. Should be in a Cav if all goes to plan!! HAve you got a time-machine too?! ;DThink you're looking for the 2014 thread! :angel: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.