Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Potential Rolling Road 2013

Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road? 6 members have voted

  1. 1. Which month do people prefer for the Rolling Road?

    • May
      100%
      6
    • June
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I am desperately trying to still save enough to be on site all weekend at Billing, and don't know for sure what Nick needs for another about four weeks. Those two get priority while I'm on short time, but I am still interested, if only to get us altogether, just depends on funds/job situation. I guess I'm saying I won't know if I can attend for a few weeks yet, or which Cav it would be. I'll keep you posted, Matt!

More like the 150 bhp seh in action ( if i am lucky ), remember its only normally aspirated. But if it does what the expert WB said it should do 160 - 170 with what has been done which i seriously doubt i would be pleased. I think he may have based the output on his building powers not mine. 

pls register my interest its dependent on clashing with certain other things in June (eg Le Mans)

pls let us have a date as soon as- maybe sooner than later - May??

June's a shitty month for squeezing anything else in for me this year, got my 30th and Glastonbury so I'll be there if I can.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Problem is that in May many people don't have their cavs back on the road again for the summer - June catches the daily drivers as well as the show-ers.

List is growing nicely though. Think if we get 15-20 names we'll get it booked up that will determine the date.. but lets gun for 30! Let's make it an epoch for MK2CAV.COM to rival Euro 09 and the best of Billing.

June's a shitty month for squeezing anything else in for me this year, got my 30th and Glastonbury so I'll be there if I can.

There is also a action day in June

  • CLUB MEMBER

There are events all through, just gotta find a good date. Problem with PV weekend is that everywhere around there is usually heaving. Also, think there was a nice bit of buildup for it being the whole reason we are there! So what dates do we know about already in June?

pls register my interest its dependent on clashing with certain other things in June (eg Le Mans)

pls let us have a date as soon as- maybe sooner than later - May??

Sorry for the above did not mean to start an avalanche of pre-emptive groans - it was tongue in cheek and hope that I would not have a serious clash of dates!  As a peripheral member (somewhere in outer space) and net taker from the club I would not seek to influence your deliberations in any way.

You have established patterns of activity which have stood the test of time - so hats off.

Look forward to it whenever it is.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I might (tempting fate) might have a mk2 available by June..........get a confirmed date please and I'll broach the subject with the boss for approval ::);)

If I don't make it with a cav (yet again) I'll have to bring the unleaded to noise converter if I'm allowed

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

I might (tempting fate) might have a mk2 available by June..........get a confirmed date please and I'll broach the subject with the boss for approval ::);)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha,  for a minute I thought I read you might have a cav there  ;D

  • CLUB MEMBER

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys :'(

I'll just bring the ro and rip the rollers out :-*

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

I am up for this can you put me on the list

Done mate  :)

Im out of a June one guys.

To busy a month for me to even consider it and I'd rather abuse my car on track at Combe tbh.

  • CLUB MEMBER

you couldnt afford the fuel to run the 'ro long enough to get a reading

Jokes aside the fuel drop on the gauge after the MOT is a tad shocking.....

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

the MOT tester hasnt been taking it for a spin has he? like that video online of the monaro with the dash cam fitted  ;)

I have used the same place for 15yrs, so I doubt it.  Its got a tracker so he is in trouble if thats the case.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Just thinking about this, is May definatly out for people? The PV show at the pod is June 9th. I can do either but its sooo difficult trying to fix a date. What's best for everyone? Shall I do a poll for June or may?

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm up for this and I voted May!

  • CLUB MEMBER

Thread will be locked pending big update and formal thread.

We will be holding the event at RGS Motorsport, and the BEST weekend would be the 1st/2nd of June. We could have the rollers on the Saturday, and on Sunday there is a RWYB at SantaPod for anyone that wanted to stay on. The rollers are less than 10 minutes from the strip, giving more value to peoples travel.

The week before there is the national drag championships across the weekend, but no user cars are possible. The most sensible weekend would be the 1st June, close enough to keep the May people happy too.

The process is a lot more comprehensive on these rollers, with 15-20mins per car rather than the sling it on approach of other places - as recommended by Northampton motorsport our previous supplier.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.