Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New member!

Featured Replies

Hi folks

I've just joined and here is my 1987 1.6L hatch, recently bought on ebay and collected on 21st May:

[img width=800 height=597]http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb341/owain71/IMG_0071.jpg

It replaced a 2012 Audi A5 Cabriolet as I left the company where it was my company car :)

This is now my daily driver and it joins another two '80s classics that I own (an ultra-rare 1981 Subaru pick-up and a 1982 Daihatsu F20 "jeep")

The Cav's done 37k from new, one lady owner, full history, every service done by the Vauxhall dealer that supplied it. It had been SORN'd for 4 years - I drove it from Taunton to Bicester with just one stop for a cuppa and it didn't miss a beat  :D

Why the Cav? My Dad had a Jamaica Yellow 1.6L Saloon in '82-'84 then a Polar White 1.6L Hatch '84-'86 (these were followed by a pair of Belmonts - wish there were more of them around...), plus as 20-somethings a couple of mates both had 1.6GL Hatches (one in China Blue on a Y, one metallic blue on an A) back in the early '90s... one of which was replaced with an ex-police SRI 130 which still had the lightbar zip in its headlining!

There's a few wee jobs to do; it's had 4 new GM shocks, a new GM back box and a tune-up; it has had both rear arches previously repaired and both are now going again, so these'll need attention soon (can anyone recommend an affordable bodyshop who'd do a good job in the Oxford/Bicester/Banbury area?)

See you at Billing next month!

Cheers

Owain

only a little bit different to a 2012 Audi A5 Cabriolet

Welcome! :D

Welcome to the club and nice Cav :-)

I Love those old Subaru pick-ups! I presume it's a Brat?

Well cool, I almost bought one a few years back and wish I had now as it would be a great parts-chaser :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.