Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MK2 Cavalier Antibes

Featured Replies

Thats right dawn time you got your alloys on and some pics. :D

What would Matt say alloys on a GL tut tut Dawn :)

I have truly turned to the dark side, Allan! ;)

I have truly turned to the dark side, Allan! ;)

Nope do'nt believe you if you get a manual liecence then maybe , keep up the good work :)

  • CLUB MEMBER

That is most definately a nice project and if its solid in the right places like the floor an chassis rails etc... then is certainly a bargin for sure very nice project you've got yourself there fella  8) 8) 8)

JimmysSig.png

IMG_0205.jpgIMG_0206.jpg

how do i upload images people???

ive got quite a few images to upload shall i start a project thread??

Many Thanks All

Grrrr im itching to get these photos up any clues anyone???

Use photobucket mate or email them to me and I'll post them up for you  :D

EDIT, sorry mate just seen your pics. That car looks awesome!! Exactly like my friends old one in fact this may even be it, I'll check the reg no's lol. Good luck with it etc a brilliant save.  ;D

What would Matt say alloys on a GL tut tut Dawn :)

OMG !!  ;D ;D ;D

By the way check these out!!  ;D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Nova-Astra-Cavalier-ANTIBES-Set-3-Decals-Transfers-Stickers-RARE-/140745806615?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c51a9317#ht_500wt_1416

  • CLUB MEMBER

Lewis, nice looking car.  Looks like a deal paying scrap value, mind you buying a car with no MOT is always a lottery so fingers crossed its ok :angel:

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Thanks for the positive responses guys!!!

I pick her up Friday at 12!

The things is I want a name for this car any ideas anyone???

£150!!! bargain mate , looks good condition , those rear arches look solid and rust free (jealous lol ) ...get the power polisher out and she'll look stunning :)

  • Author

I must admit there is some rust on the rear passenger side, could do with a new arch tbh.

I've been having a mooch and found a place called beevers they do a lot of classic mini parts was going to give them a call.

I'll get some more pics of this Sat afternoon  ;) ;D

Just checked and this isnt my mates old one. That was D134 OOA  :)

  • Author

Lol you sound excited Matt!!! I've pm'd you my address aswell.

Just itching to get it started truthfully, have you guys got any dates for shows I can aim to get Ethel ready????

the v.b.o.a show at billing aquadrome in july is the best show to attend you will get to see some of the other members cars there its a great way to spend a weekend with like minded people who love their mk2 cavs  ;D

  • Author

Ummm I doubt she'll be ready by then being pretty frank! And I don't think that people will appreciate me turning up in a ford to the vboa show!!! Hehe

She might be ready by next year or almost pvs I'm sure the last time I went it was tail end of August.

Already ordered as much as I can to pretect that loved red interior!

nice motor there, and an utter bargain! Not sure I could live with all that red if I am honest though!

one other thing, those hubcaps dont look original to me and I saw you saying you were going to keep them with the car. They look like MK3 Astra ones.

nice motor there, and an utter bargain! Not sure I could live with all that red if I am honest though!

one other thing, those hubcaps dont look original to me and I saw you saying you were going to keep them with the car. They look like MK3 Astra ones.

But red is the best colour dont forget Brett  ;) ;D

Trims definatly Astra ones, see the trims on Robbies car below and imagine them silver  ;)

OutsideFront.jpg

OutsideRear.jpg

But red is the best colour dont forget Brett  ;) ;D

Trims definatly Astra ones, see the trims on Robbies car below and imagine them silver  ;)

OutsideFront.jpg

OutsideRear.jpg

Those trims on Robbies are the the correct ones Matt ie white not silver also white ones are used on some cabbys.

  • Author

I got her home today, she really does need to see the better side of a jet wash!

There's a few niggly issues the pipe from the fuel tank needs replacing, but other than that it's just bodywork tbh oh the brakes haven't been touched since 2005 so they need some attention! Lol

Glad to get my hand on her now I'm sure Matt will give all a full report after this weekend!

Ummm I doubt she'll be ready by then being pretty frank! And I don't think that people will appreciate me turning up in a ford to the vboa show!!! Hehe

If neither of my two Cavs make it, I'm going to go in my Micra rather than not at all, so I'm sure you wouldn't be out of place! It's still a great place to meet everyone and maybe get some elusive spares, even if you only do a day trip! :D 

Went to see this this afternoon, its in really really good condition!! The interior is immaculate, even down to mint original floor mats, and the original radio. The body is really tidy too. The passenger rear arch and the drivers front wing needs replacing but other that that its very tidy indeed. Had a quick look at the bulkhead and its very clean indeed. Is a real timewarp find. I took a couple of pics that I will upload later on. Very impressed indeed with it  ;D

no excuses for not bringing it to billing then  ;D ;D it should not take more than a couple of weeks to sort out the wheelarch and wing  8) 8)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.