Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New user,hopefully soon to be a 130 owner!

Featured Replies

Hi folks,I'm Lee from the east coast of Scotland where it never rains!

Had lots of vauxhalls over the years,always mk2/3 cavs and novas.

Had everything from 1.3 5 door mk2 cavalier to a tuned 2.5 v6 4 door nova saloon.

On a recent barn find hunt me and a friend found a mj2 sri130 in black,it's missing a lot of parts and is rusty but I can't get it out of my head so I'm going to buy it and see how bad it is underneath and take it from there!

Unfortunately due to work and family it will be a couple of weeks till I can collect it but I'm going to get stuck straight in,I hope there's still plenty parts going about as I need a complete front end,drivers door complete,sills,valance and some interior trim!

Cannot wait to collect it though!

hi lee

where in the east of scotland are you?

I have a white cdi, not many mark 2's left up here.good luck with cav.

  • Author

Hi,I stay in inverkeilor,between montrose and Arbroath,never looked inside a cdi before,whereabouts are you?

Im in stonehaven.Car stored in newtonhiill in a dry warm garage. This car is mint inside and overall very clean bought it a couple of month's back, but been very busy to use or do anything to it.Hoping to mint it over winter.

  • Author

Cool,not too far apart.my pal has just been at the guys yard who has the 130 and told him I'll be round in the next couple of weeks to collect it.

There's a story with it and it should be a good project.

I'll have to get a wanted thread started then a resto thread with pics!

I said I wouldn't buy another car that had lay outside after my last rs1600i failed resto,but this car looks solid in the usual rot areas,does need welding,cant get underneath to check the floor but I'm hoping it's good!

If I'm stuck for a measurement or how something should look/go together could I give you a shout to see your car?

Nice one on finding a black 130. Is it saloon or hatch. Pics when you get it, regardless of condition. :)

  • Author

Hatchback,been off the road since 91 sitting in a yard slowly going back to nature.

Has some accident damage,things living in it,needs welded and the engine is missing,front end is solid though but a lot of parts are missing,wings,drivers door,valance,mouldings etc etc.

I'll defo get pics up when I collect it!

Welcome to the site buddy.

Sitting since 91??? It would have only been around 3 or 4 years old at the time, that's weird!

Can't wait to see pics and follow how it all goes  ;)

91? Wow, that is a long time. Still, if it's saveable it's worth the effort. 130 is a rare breed these days. I wish someone would find my old saloon somewhere. It's not been on the road since 2001 apparently.. :(

91? Wow, that is a long time. Still, if it's saveable it's worth the effort. 130 is a rare breed these days. I wish someone would find my old saloon somewhere. It's not been on the road since 2001 apparently.. :(

I wish someone would find my saloon too....stolen in 2004 and still never turned up!

Speaking about 1991. I also bought a manta sr/ shb and it's been in a garage since 1991 till a couple of months ago now in my garage for another 20 years. :D

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome to the site, it's funny how they all seem to come out of the woodwork together.

There's many members on here willing to help ;) ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.