October 23, 201114 yr comment_160170 Hi folks,I'm Lee from the east coast of Scotland where it never rains!Had lots of vauxhalls over the years,always mk2/3 cavs and novas.Had everything from 1.3 5 door mk2 cavalier to a tuned 2.5 v6 4 door nova saloon.On a recent barn find hunt me and a friend found a mj2 sri130 in black,it's missing a lot of parts and is rusty but I can't get it out of my head so I'm going to buy it and see how bad it is underneath and take it from there!Unfortunately due to work and family it will be a couple of weeks till I can collect it but I'm going to get stuck straight in,I hope there's still plenty parts going about as I need a complete front end,drivers door complete,sills,valance and some interior trim!Cannot wait to collect it though! Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160173 hi leewhere in the east of scotland are you?I have a white cdi, not many mark 2's left up here.good luck with cav. Report
October 23, 201114 yr Author comment_160180 Hi,I stay in inverkeilor,between montrose and Arbroath,never looked inside a cdi before,whereabouts are you? Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160181 Im in stonehaven.Car stored in newtonhiill in a dry warm garage. This car is mint inside and overall very clean bought it a couple of month's back, but been very busy to use or do anything to it.Hoping to mint it over winter. Report
October 23, 201114 yr Author comment_160182 Cool,not too far apart.my pal has just been at the guys yard who has the 130 and told him I'll be round in the next couple of weeks to collect it.There's a story with it and it should be a good project.I'll have to get a wanted thread started then a resto thread with pics!I said I wouldn't buy another car that had lay outside after my last rs1600i failed resto,but this car looks solid in the usual rot areas,does need welding,cant get underneath to check the floor but I'm hoping it's good!If I'm stuck for a measurement or how something should look/go together could I give you a shout to see your car? Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160187 Nice one on finding a black 130. Is it saloon or hatch. Pics when you get it, regardless of condition. Report
October 23, 201114 yr Author comment_160193 Hatchback,been off the road since 91 sitting in a yard slowly going back to nature.Has some accident damage,things living in it,needs welded and the engine is missing,front end is solid though but a lot of parts are missing,wings,drivers door,valance,mouldings etc etc.I'll defo get pics up when I collect it! Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160195 Welcome to the site buddy.Sitting since 91??? It would have only been around 3 or 4 years old at the time, that's weird!Can't wait to see pics and follow how it all goes Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160198 91? Wow, that is a long time. Still, if it's saveable it's worth the effort. 130 is a rare breed these days. I wish someone would find my old saloon somewhere. It's not been on the road since 2001 apparently.. Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160201 91? Wow, that is a long time. Still, if it's saveable it's worth the effort. 130 is a rare breed these days. I wish someone would find my old saloon somewhere. It's not been on the road since 2001 apparently.. I wish someone would find my saloon too....stolen in 2004 and still never turned up! Report
October 23, 201114 yr comment_160205 Speaking about 1991. I also bought a manta sr/ shb and it's been in a garage since 1991 till a couple of months ago now in my garage for another 20 years. Report
October 23, 201114 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_160208 Welcome to the site, it's funny how they all seem to come out of the woodwork together.There's many members on here willing to help ;) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.