Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Updating my Brazilian Monza

Featured Replies

Hi fellas , after 23 years my engine showed some slight signals of being worn out. I  didn`t give a second thought : I had it rebuilt. New pistons and rings , the chankshaft was grinded , new clutch , new oil pump etc. Apart from the engine , I`ve made some changes :

LED`s on dashboard icons ;

New tinting on the windows ;

Alarm system with door locking by remote control;

Trunk opened by alarm`s remote control ;

Presence sensor ;

GPS with digital TV , bluetooth , etc. ;

Rear-view camera ;

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01641.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01632.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01626.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01607.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01611.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01525.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01599.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01601.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01597.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01602.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/DSC01636.jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

Very nice any further future plans?  8)

JimmysSig.png
  • Author

Very nice any further future plans?  8)

Thank you !, well I`been thinking about installing an AC before the summer comes cos` it gets boiling-hot here from december on !!!  :o

Seams weird talking about it being boilind hot in December! That's the month we usually get a load of snow! lol

Looking great, an engine re-build is on my list of to-do's for one of my other cars (Nova)

  • Author

Seams weird talking about it being boilind hot in December! That's the month we usually get a load of snow! lol

Looking great, an engine re-build is on my list of to-do's for one of my other cars (Nova)

You see how big our world is ?!  Last December and January we went through 45º C in Rio de Janeiro. The Sun was just scorching !!  :o . Sometimes, I wish we had some snow here ...

You see how big our world is ?!  Last December and January we went through 45º C in Rio de Janeiro. The Sun was just scorching !!  :o . Sometimes, I wish we had some snow here ...

Last December/January, we had around -10º C and some nights, it was ever colder  :o

Car is looking great!

  • 8 months later...
  • Author

Some news : I`ve bought a new set of rims from a vectra got rid of those hubcaps, a new sound system with a booster, I`ve installed power steering(from another Monza) and xenon in the fog lights. I was rather lucky to find a man who gave up restoring his monza from ground zero after finding out that his car had been stolen many years ago and therefore, wouldn`t be able to be officially approved. Too sad  :( but at least it became a part donor. I also got the AC compressor so that I didn`t have to modify  the sheaves and the belt. Thus it made it easier for me to conclude the next step : my AC system .

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/pictureview5q.jpg

2012-05-27_13-37-41_397.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/2012-05-27_13-39-17_79.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/OHGQ3SCAIYOSN1CATSDMAYCAMNY2A3CAGR9SUBCA32INWYCA51CONDCASYX78OCAEJFQ62CABNL34ACA0STTZUCAHC1SA2CAON38PXCAUKCW58CADFXWA3CABD950ZCAGQX81DCA5V08.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/2012-05-27_17-34-55_615.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/dscf1008kr.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/dscf1292re.jpg

[img width=800 height=600]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee463/gabri_hawk/dscf1293a.jpg

Car is looking good,some nice cars there also, bet you dont have the rust problems we have over here with our winters and salt put on the roads.

  • Author

I`m afraid you`re mistaken buddie  :( . We do have rust around here due to excessive humidity and salt along the seacoast. I disassembled many parts of its body and applied grease in the inner areas. It`s very toiling but it`s worth doing it after all. Sorry for my awkward English. Cheers !

I`m afraid you`re mistaken buddie  :( . We do have rust around here due to excessive humidity and salt along the seacoast. I disassembled many parts of its body and applied grease in the inner areas. It`s very toiling but it`s worth doing it after all. Sorry for my awkward English. Cheers !

Yes but you get to wear shorts alot more then we do!!

  • Author

Nice progress there and great pics  :)

Thank you !! It`s a pity they were taken by my cellphone which is not a very good one ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.