July 3, 201115 yr comment_154704 Just got home about an hour ago with '849'.I just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone for making me and my Cav so welcome - I was the gold 1300 L saloon next to the Calibre's.I would definately LOVE to come again.Seeing so many MK2 Cavalier's together was simply amazing and they all looked absolutely wonderful!Had a lovely trip home and was amazed to meet up with the MK2CAV.com convoy completely by chance on my way home as I left the Little Chef on Weston-on-the-green (A34???).Thank you all! ;D Report
July 3, 201115 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_154705 Was great to see everyone. I'm capturing the video now, will only be a couple of minutes, but think it captures the atmosphere - or at least the sun(!) very well. It was great to see so many new members. It was also great to see Anni and Dawn et al. venturing across for the first time too and it was great seeing your cars getting the attention that they deserve, even if it was slightly intimidating when the total number of cars hit 41 (I think!) apologies that I didn't get as much time to chat to everyone at times - but by Saturday night it was great to put my feet up for a few hours with everyone and have a good chat to everyone before a final drink to say happy birthday to the cars we love! Really, REALLY proud of everyone who attended, you helped the club finally receive the recognition it deserves, we had floods of positive comments from visitors to the stand and some notable occurrances - Including someones car being recognised by a former owner, a surprise group photo for the 30th celebration, some members doing two runs to get all their cars to the stand (pushing us to our target!), seeing old MK2CAV friends for the first time in a while with their cars back on the stand and the club winning best club stand. We did the car that defined Vauxhall's success in the 80's proud, so my thanks to you all. Arrived home with a great big smile on my face and I'm happy to be part of such a big family!To those of you who went beyond the call of duty, be it food, stickers, stand and associated Billing rep duties an extra special thanks. Next year we will ge the stands, spec sheets and content to the next level and I'll not be doing all nighters on my car either so will have a lot more get up and go!! ;D ;D Report
July 3, 201115 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_154706 Had a lovely trip home and was amazed to meet up with the MK2CAV.com convoy completely by chance on my way home as I left the Little Chef on Weston-on-the-green (A34???).We normally have walkie talkies to keep convoys fun and entertaining - for next year we will post up details so everyone can have one. The roads were heavy with traffic, but our journeys too an event are normally loads of fun and you are more than welcome to take part in any! Was nice to see another MK2 on the road pulling out of the services! Report
July 3, 201115 yr comment_154707 I had a fantastic weekend once again, and would like to thank everyone who came along and helped to make it a success.It was great to meet up with everyone, members old and new, and to see so many Cavs together.40 cars is truly epic, and everyone should be proud of our award!Apologies to anyone I didn't get to speak to or to say goodbye to.Cheers all! Report
July 3, 201115 yr comment_154708 Oh and I must say a big thank you to the geordie chap (I'm terrible with names) who helped me fit the exhaust bits I bought at the autojumble into my car! Report
July 3, 201115 yr comment_154710 just walked through the dor, well 15mins ago, had a hot chocolate and put my slippers on ready for a catch up read.BLOODY AWSOMEgreat show, great to win the best stand and total vauxhall shoot was a well deserved bonus.well, its given me a kict up the arse to get the beige on finished and the rwd...................na thats on hold due to the kit car.anyway enough of that, that blue turbo with them horrible wheels looked ok ;) ;)LOOKS ARD AS NAILS AND TO A VERY HIGH STANDARD THAT BLOWS THE DOORS OF ANY ONE THAT CAME FROM THE FACTORYAnd them schmitz might not be the only cav that they are seen on :angel: :angel: i really liked them, they just looked sooooooooo sweet!!!dare i say it could have been my fav mk2 there? :-* :-* Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154715 I took heaps of photos (I'm sure everyone did). If anyone fancies looking at mine just add me on Facebook where I am under the name Anni Ruecroft Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154717 I'm still trying to upload mine to Facebook! Blinking thing! Anyway, home now, but had a fab time! Photos link to follow and some point... Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154719 Had fun on Saturday and great to see some members.Was supposed to come back but had to leave early coz my knee was just giving way even with the support of cruches. Not suppose to walk but wanted to make the 30th birthday.will have op soon an all being well should be there next year with out cruches.congrats on wining best stand. Sorry I didn't get a chance to speak to every1. Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154720 good weekend and nice to meet some new faces, sorry to those i didnt get to speak to - good to see you on the way home Anni your car looks awesome on the move with the sun on it also good to see Tim using his 130 the way its meant to be used after a Skoda stoked his fire Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154725 that Skoda needed a good slapping, cheeky sod!!Thanks to all for a really wonderful weekend - all very welcoming and at last I feel like I know most of the faces! Looking around I couldnt see any other single model club with a better turn out than us, and considering how rare the MK2 Cav now is, its a credit to all. Mine will be at TV live!!Thanks to Carla for the get me home repair on my leg, (Im now on anti-biotics and have had a ticking of by the doctor about septicaemia...)also thanks to everyone who refused to give me sandpaper while I was trying to Rat the Insignia at 1am on Sunday morning.... Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154727 thanks for a prefect weekend every time i attend billing it just keeps getting better and better 2 words sum it up totally awesome ;D ;D 8) 8) i made a 5 miniute video of all the cars that were there but i can't get it to upload to put on the site Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154729 Finally got the photos up only to realize I can't make them visible to peeps who aren't on Facebook! Anyhow, if you fancy a look, just add me like Anni said. I'm just plain old Dawn Bennett on there. Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154732 also thanks to everyone who refused to give me sandpaper while I was trying to Rat the Insignia at 1am on Sunday morning....that would have been bloody funny thou ifyou had ratted the bonnet Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154733 also good to see Tim using his 130 the way its meant to be used after a Skoda stoked his fire :angel: ;D Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154734 BLOODLY FANTASTIC weekend, I have struggled to do any work today as im am totally knackered but well worth it, has to be the best chilled out billing I have been to thants to those that came, many laughs and as normal loads of food and beers, to those that came, thank you, to those that didn't, tough Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154735 These are my photos from Billing not to many of the cars but plenty of people thanks to Paul for taking so many I had a proper good time one of the best i have been to nice and relaxed Thanks to everyone who made it so great The pictures start on sunday afternnon and work back, ENJOY Frisco as always going home with plenty of spares[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1207.jpgFrisco's car getting plenty of expert help[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1200.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1197.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1195.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1190.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1189.jpgAndy worrying again!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1187.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1178.jpgMatt O actully camping!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1176.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1170.jpgSome crappy estate!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1168.jpgRosco enjoying the BBQ[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1162.jpgFrisco farting!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1158.jpg[img width=535 height=799]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1141.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1136.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1135.jpg[img width=535 height=799]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1130.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1126.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1125.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1124.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1106.jpgMe and the joyriders taking the auto out for a spin![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1101.jpgWhat shoudl'nt happen to a mk2 cav[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1093.jpgThe 125mph train!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1090.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1089.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1087.jpgIts escort coswoth diesel power plant!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1085.jpgThis bloke made thousands on the vectra stand :D[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1082.jpgThe likely lads!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1081.jpgDazzy cleaning as ever [img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1080.jpg[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1079.jpgAnd finally the best car of the show award goes to??????????????My beauty :D[img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1083.jpg Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154736 yep only been in club 4 years and to see it grow like it as is great.been fab weekend roll on 2012 cheers. Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154739 Well we are home and without the aid of a yellow truck too. She still isn't a happy girl but we got here.I haved to say a massive thanks to everyone for helping out.We had a great weekend. It was good to catch up with everyone and chill out. What would Gordon do? Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154761 my photo's not many of them [img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2092.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2090.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2089.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2087.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2086.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2084.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2082.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2079.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2078.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2073.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2074.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2075.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2076.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2077.jpg[img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2072.jpg Report
July 4, 201115 yr comment_154764 Frisco farting!![img width=799 height=535]http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg304/jonnytop/DSC_1158.jpgi dont think that was a fart by the look on his face he has sharted not farted, it was probably his cooking that did it mind! Report
July 4, 201115 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_154765 [img width=800 height=600]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c202/gigles98/billing%202011/DSCF2075.jpgThis is a classic photo! ;DBeen working on the video tonight! Report
July 5, 201115 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_154776 Looks like I missed out......one day folks, one day Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 5, 201115 yr comment_154792 well what a great weekend i must give a big thanks to everyone but a big thanks to toni for teaching me how to say hello in german and carla for paying for the train ;D Report
July 5, 201115 yr comment_154795 I've finally managed to get on my PC!I've not been home much as I've been at Donna's. I only called home Sunday to drop off my old alloys and my stuff and for a bit yesterday to grind my drive shafts down to be able to fit my center caps), so not had time to come online.Anyway, what an awesome weekend AGAIN, and a VERY special one for me being the first one since 2003 with a MK2 Cav!!!Silvia got some great comments and I was well chuffed! She did me proud too and never missed a beat. 8)It was great to meet up with old members and new but missed a few I think, looking at who has commented and said they were there!Thanks to Anni for the cake, it was lovely.Donna and my mad mate Dave really enjoyed it too! Dave wishes to thank everyone who made him feel welcome! I'm trying to convert him to the ways of the MK2 Cav from his Veccy!Donna says a huge thanks too to everyone who talked to her and made her feel welcome too. Abo, she's still not happy I sold Stella to ya lmao ;DRight, well, on to the the photos! I took 446 including a small number of videos, so it may take some time to upload them all! I shall upload them to facebook and post a link to share the folder, so you should all be able to see them from there. I'll let ya know when they're on to view :-)Thanks to everyone again for making it a great weekend Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.