Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

[EVENT] Potential 2010/11 Rolling Road

Featured Replies

  • CLUB MEMBER

[img width=740 height=179]http://www.mk2cav.com/body/main/events/2008events/Rolling08_1024/Rolling08_147.jpg

I've been speaking with Tim and we were both thinking it's about time for our bi-annual rolling road meet. SO:

I am unsure when it will be as yet, but I do know that it will probably be at Jamsport, or Northampton motorsport - but both are in relitavely close proximity to each other.

So put your name down if you are 80% likely to be able to make a session this year potentially after Billing to keep things interesting event wise. Non-members will need to be members at the time of the run to get the discount (think of it as free membership!) but there is nothing wrong with turning up as a non member to run your Cavalier.

Remember it's a health check for standard cars too. This is just a heads up at this point.

I'm expecting (hoping) for a complete range completely different cavs!!  For example; At least one CDi...... Matt, Katherine!  ;)

Here is a link to the 2008 event... it was epic! Most MK2's we ever had in one place, and in one convoy!  ;D

This is a link to the expected / anticipated and actual power figures on that day 2 years ago.

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Magpie -  Saloon

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest SRi V6

Dazzy130 - SRi200+ 4x4(ish)

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger -some rust

Assuming mines built, which is the plan, I would be there.

However I wont put myself on this list as plan's go wrong!!

Sri-auto,should be a laugh ;D i dont think ill be scaring anyone powerwise

Would love to bring the 130 with the mods on but smokes when under hard acceleration top end all new but bottom end from astra GTE with unknown mileage so dont think it would survive on the r road without sudden death.

I am prepared to give it a go than (so its a yes for 130 saloon with engine mods ) only hope i dont gas everyone out,however if i have a new  job by then i will have a completely upgraded bottom end done. But it will be interesting to see what it makes now as its been a couple of years since it was done but must admit it was slightly smokey than but they did go to max revs.

  • Author
  • CLUB MEMBER

Assuming mines built, which is the plan, I would be there.

However I wont put myself on this list as plan's go wrong!!

If mine is going to make it yours can, in some shape or form. We need a SW contingent ;) Even better if they are mythical creatures, or urban legend  ;D

  • 2 weeks later...

Mine will probably still be running the 130 motor, holidays kitchens and Astras just simply won't let it happen this year  ;D

She will be wearing some new boots tho

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Damo - Commander/SR

Magpie - Silver Saloon

Chris M - brick mobile  

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi

Dazzy130 - SRi130

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger - Some rust

Abo - Bonky old Bomber (maybe)

Hi Guys

I'm getting the impression this event is going to be early May, but just checking?

I'm waiting for quotes to work on my car to know whether its worth fixing or not, but would love to come to my first 'event' ever if he is. If its early May, I doubt he'll be done if he is fixable.

But, if sadly he isn't, I'm going to go out and look for another Cav, just like you would look for a pup after you lose your dog. I've suddenly realized I really can't go on without a Cav of some sort in my life again!

Anyway, if this event is too early, will there be others later in the year, whatever car I end up with?

Dawn

  • Author
  • CLUB MEMBER

No date has been set as yet Dawn. Your car would be more than welcome. I was thinking more after the main events of the year are over, but before it starts to get cold! July / August / September time but maybe only the first week.

Great news! I'm hoping if he is  fixable, he'll be done by then, and if he isn't I'll have another Cav. It's a bit harder for me if I have to look for a new one, as I only drive autos, but we'll see!

If I don't have an actual Cavalier by then, can 'none-owners' still come to the meet for the day to see the other cars and meet everyone?

Awesome, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the date. Hoping, really hoping my car can be fixed to be with ya'll, though! :)

I've not been to a meet with a cav yet, so dont wory Dawn :)

i havent been to a meet either :'(

i havent been to a meet either :'(

You've got a roadworthy Cav now and a license, you've no excuse now Matt  ;)

You've got a roadworthy Cav now and a license, you've no excuse now Matt  ;)

only finances the issue now lol  ;)

I'm sure you will always find something.   ::)

lol cheers andy was hoping to catch up with few people for frostbite but unsure atm.

  • 1 month later...

Is this going to be after the General Election?

Is this going to be after the General Election?

Why is brown talking about banning rolling roads now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

  • 1 month later...
  • Author
  • CLUB MEMBER

Updated. Knowing how some of our members change their MK2's faster than the weather can we try to keep this as up to date as possible. If you want a car changing on the list I'm happy to do so jsut post or PM and I'll update.

As a treat to get you thinking about it (it could well be our first even of next year at this rate given peoples finances) I finally split the 2008 session into two parts and uploaded to you tube.

We have a whole new cohort of fresh visitors to the site and with the brand new site coming soon this seems an ideal opportunity to find out what she is running. So get posting on this thread or expect hassle on your project threads from me about bringing something!  ;D

I'll add these vids to the top post in due course.

Members and non-members welcome. We do want an all Cavalier line up though, as the last event we managed a convoy of over 20 cavaliers to the pub for the meal afterwards. It was EPIC!  ;D ;D

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Damo - Commander/SR

Magpie - Silver Saloon

Chris M - brick mobile  

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi

Dazzy130 - SRi130

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger - Some rust

Swirl-cabby (maybe gsi vec)

Andy - The Peril

Tim - SRi130

Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )

Paul - SRi

vrs03 - Sri-auto

Brett - Loves it when a plan comes together

neilsri130 - 130 saloon

Damo - Commander/SR

Magpie - Silver Saloon

Chris M - brick mobile 

Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi

Dazzy130 - SRi130

keir (in steffis cdi)

steffi (in nodes)

Roger - Some rust

Abo - Bonky old Bomber (maybe)

Swirl-cabby (maybe gsi vec)

GreyDJ - CDi

  • 1 month later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

i know you've only just done billing guys but is there any more on this like rough idea of when its happening?

And could you put my name on the list with the GLSi please so long as its after august ;) cheers

JimmysSig.png

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.