February 4, 201016 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_125815 [img width=740 height=179]http://www.mk2cav.com/body/main/events/2008events/Rolling08_1024/Rolling08_147.jpgI've been speaking with Tim and we were both thinking it's about time for our bi-annual rolling road meet. SO:I am unsure when it will be as yet, but I do know that it will probably be at Jamsport, or Northampton motorsport - but both are in relitavely close proximity to each other.So put your name down if you are 80% likely to be able to make a session this year potentially after Billing to keep things interesting event wise. Non-members will need to be members at the time of the run to get the discount (think of it as free membership!) but there is nothing wrong with turning up as a non member to run your Cavalier.Remember it's a health check for standard cars too. This is just a heads up at this point.I'm expecting (hoping) for a complete range completely different cavs!! For example; At least one CDi...... Matt, Katherine! Here is a link to the 2008 event... it was epic! Most MK2's we ever had in one place, and in one convoy! ;DThis is a link to the expected / anticipated and actual power figures on that day 2 years ago.Andy - The PerilTim - SRi130Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )Paul - SRivrs03 - Sri-autoBrett - Loves it when a plan comes togetherneilsri130 - 130 saloonMagpie - SaloonJonny - Middle earth's England's finest SRi V6Dazzy130 - SRi200+ 4x4(ish)keir (in steffis cdi)steffi (in nodes)Roger -some rust Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_125876 Assuming mines built, which is the plan, I would be there.However I wont put myself on this list as plan's go wrong!! Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_125882 Sri-auto,should be a laugh ;D i dont think ill be scaring anyone powerwise Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_125883 Would love to bring the 130 with the mods on but smokes when under hard acceleration top end all new but bottom end from astra GTE with unknown mileage so dont think it would survive on the r road without sudden death. Report
February 5, 201016 yr comment_125891 I am prepared to give it a go than (so its a yes for 130 saloon with engine mods ) only hope i dont gas everyone out,however if i have a new job by then i will have a completely upgraded bottom end done. But it will be interesting to see what it makes now as its been a couple of years since it was done but must admit it was slightly smokey than but they did go to max revs. Report
February 5, 201016 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_125894 Assuming mines built, which is the plan, I would be there.However I wont put myself on this list as plan's go wrong!!If mine is going to make it yours can, in some shape or form. We need a SW contingent Even better if they are mythical creatures, or urban legend ;D Report
February 16, 201016 yr comment_126700 Mine will probably still be running the 130 motor, holidays kitchens and Astras just simply won't let it happen this year ;DShe will be wearing some new boots tho Report
February 16, 201016 yr comment_126703 Andy - The PerilTim - SRi130Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )Paul - SRivrs03 - Sri-autoBrett - Loves it when a plan comes togetherneilsri130 - 130 saloonDamo - Commander/SRMagpie - Silver SaloonChris M - brick mobile Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi Dazzy130 - SRi130keir (in steffis cdi)steffi (in nodes)Roger - Some rustAbo - Bonky old Bomber (maybe) Report
February 19, 201016 yr comment_126923 Hi GuysI'm getting the impression this event is going to be early May, but just checking? I'm waiting for quotes to work on my car to know whether its worth fixing or not, but would love to come to my first 'event' ever if he is. If its early May, I doubt he'll be done if he is fixable. But, if sadly he isn't, I'm going to go out and look for another Cav, just like you would look for a pup after you lose your dog. I've suddenly realized I really can't go on without a Cav of some sort in my life again! Anyway, if this event is too early, will there be others later in the year, whatever car I end up with? Dawn Report
February 19, 201016 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_126926 No date has been set as yet Dawn. Your car would be more than welcome. I was thinking more after the main events of the year are over, but before it starts to get cold! July / August / September time but maybe only the first week. Report
February 19, 201016 yr comment_126927 Great news! I'm hoping if he is fixable, he'll be done by then, and if he isn't I'll have another Cav. It's a bit harder for me if I have to look for a new one, as I only drive autos, but we'll see! If I don't have an actual Cavalier by then, can 'none-owners' still come to the meet for the day to see the other cars and meet everyone? Report
February 19, 201016 yr comment_126929 As with every mk2cav event everyone is welcome cav or no cav What would Gordon do? Report
February 19, 201016 yr comment_126930 Awesome, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the date. Hoping, really hoping my car can be fixed to be with ya'll, though! Report
February 20, 201016 yr comment_126957 I've not been to a meet with a cav yet, so dont wory Dawn i havent been to a meet either :'( Report
February 20, 201016 yr comment_126973 i havent been to a meet either :'(You've got a roadworthy Cav now and a license, you've no excuse now Matt Report
February 20, 201016 yr comment_126981 You've got a roadworthy Cav now and a license, you've no excuse now Matt only finances the issue now lol Report
February 20, 201016 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_126982 only finances the issue now lol I'm sure you will always find something. Report
February 20, 201016 yr comment_126983 I'm sure you will always find something. lol cheers andy was hoping to catch up with few people for frostbite but unsure atm. Report
April 7, 201016 yr comment_130775 Is this going to be after the General Election?Why is brown talking about banning rolling roads now ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Report
June 1, 201016 yr Author CLUB MEMBER comment_133886 Updated. Knowing how some of our members change their MK2's faster than the weather can we try to keep this as up to date as possible. If you want a car changing on the list I'm happy to do so jsut post or PM and I'll update.As a treat to get you thinking about it (it could well be our first even of next year at this rate given peoples finances) I finally split the 2008 session into two parts and uploaded to you tube.We have a whole new cohort of fresh visitors to the site and with the brand new site coming soon this seems an ideal opportunity to find out what she is running. So get posting on this thread or expect hassle on your project threads from me about bringing something! ;DI'll add these vids to the top post in due course.Members and non-members welcome. We do want an all Cavalier line up though, as the last event we managed a convoy of over 20 cavaliers to the pub for the meal afterwards. It was EPIC! ;D ;D Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_133903 Andy - The PerilTim - SRi130Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )Paul - SRivrs03 - Sri-autoBrett - Loves it when a plan comes togetherneilsri130 - 130 saloonDamo - Commander/SRMagpie - Silver SaloonChris M - brick mobile Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRi Dazzy130 - SRi130keir (in steffis cdi)steffi (in nodes)Roger - Some rustSwirl-cabby (maybe gsi vec) Report
June 1, 201016 yr comment_133905 Andy - The PerilTim - SRi130Matt O - CDi Copper (100% )Paul - SRivrs03 - Sri-autoBrett - Loves it when a plan comes togetherneilsri130 - 130 saloonDamo - Commander/SRMagpie - Silver SaloonChris M - brick mobile Jonny - Middle earth's England's finest 2.5 SRiDazzy130 - SRi130keir (in steffis cdi)steffi (in nodes)Roger - Some rustAbo - Bonky old Bomber (maybe)Swirl-cabby (maybe gsi vec)GreyDJ - CDi Report
July 12, 201016 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_136318 i know you've only just done billing guys but is there any more on this like rough idea of when its happening?And could you put my name on the list with the GLSi please so long as its after august cheers Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.