Everything posted by Katherine
-
Xmas Get-together.
I thought I'd video the programme and yes, when I tried playing back the DVD recorder, got knows where it's gone - I think it's some cheap 'fake Britain' discs that are to blame, might be our c**p equipment though. Bugs me a bit, at the end when John Culshaw is banging on about how wonderful the Cortina was I said all those things about the Mk2 Cavalier but of course they cut it for their own ends.
-
Xmas Get-together.
Will try to make this; quite enjoyed it last time and amazed by Daz and his wife's drink capacity!
-
sign up winter meet
As long as my white Cavalier goes okay I should see you all on Saturday - what sort of time do most people arrive?
-
sign up winter meet
I am not sure it is wholly due to a lack of enthusiasm Jonny - I often read the threads on the site but don't always post due to lack of technical knowledge but still admire members for their dedication etc to the Cav cause. I must have missed whatever has been going off on the site or with the members - I know one member had a bit of a 'sounding off' last week - don't really know why, maybe I just don't read too much into stuff... Meets are a logistical problem for me and I am sure other members must have the same hurdles. Self employment and hence an absence of person(s) to do my job means that work is a priorty. The time and cost (in terms of fuel and lost income) of getting to the meet is also a factor for me (and yes, I am sure there are people that travel from further away) but nevertheless it is still a reason for my non attendence. And yes, I know you cannot please everyone.
-
Xmas Meet up
I think I am able to get to this one. So can attend Saturday afternoon and evening. Need to be back up in Lincoln by the early hours though so no overnight stay for me but okay till about midnightish. Katherine
-
[EVENT] "30+ for 30" Big Cav BIRTHDAY Bash - VBOA Billing 2011!
Hello there to everyone and hope you are all having a fantastic time, make sure you take plenty of photos for those of us who cannot be there
- HI ALL
-
hi just bought sri hatch!
This red SRi bought back some memories for me, it is very similar to my first Cavalier, a red 1.8 SRi 1985 on a B plate. I think the previous owner to me, sprayed the front grill red on mine, which didn't look too bad and also my one had a 'pop up' sun roof (wow); car's dead and gone now.
-
newbie owner of Zoom cavalier and GLS photos for u
I hope you assured the gent who owned this GLS that you would love and cherish this car and do right by it... It was a similar sort of story when I bought the 1.6L from an old guy who had had it from new. I could see that he was dreadfully upset to see it go no matter how much I assured him I would look after it. I felt a bit of a heal driving off as he stood by his gate. Then once I got onto the A30 (I think) my familiar Cavalier cheshire cat grin reappeared. ;D
-
another newbie from holland
Hello Patrick, You're cars look fantastic, a real credit to you. Awesome. Thanks for the story behind your affection for these cars. Katherine
-
hello newbie time
Interesting assortment of cars there! Hello from me, anyhow
-
hi, newbie here
Welcome to a seriously addictive site. ;D Katherine
- newbie
-
Show us your pets
This is Ella, we have had her 19 years.
-
Show us your pets
This is Dobs, the adopted stray cat.
-
Wheels What do you think??
My first cavalier was a red SRi... crashed and repaired many times... in one year of ownership I wrote off the driver's side front wing, passenger side rear door and left it out of gear... the result a wonderful 90 degree dent in the front where it had shifted my neighbour's brick gatepost completely off it's foundations. I traded it in for a silver SRi 130, wonderful car, but we wrecked it as we lived on a farm in Aberdeenshire (potholed, muddy tracks) rust started and no money to sort it out... :'( :'( How times have changed. Katherine
-
EX 130 OWNER
Now I really like the look of that! Don't really see many Cavaliers that colour Katherine
- my sri
-
newbie here with my sri130 barn find
What a steal... I really love red sri's, reminds me of the one I used to have Katherine
-
[EVENT] BIG CAV BASH 2009 (@ Billing)
Regarding Bookers cash and carry. If you have an account go onto their website you can see their prices and what they have promotions on. For both soft and alcoholic drinks it does pay to compare with Tescos (remember Booker prices are plus VAT) - sometimes one is cheaper than the other and vice versa. However, we buy all of our bottled/tinned beers from Bookers, today for example 12 x 500ml Marstons pedigree £11.49 plus VAT; 24 x 440ml John Smiths tins £16.49 plus VAT. How does that compare with Tescos? ??? I would try Bookers for meat for a Barbeque unless they have some really good deals at the supermarkets. We buy an excellent pork sausage 80% pork ('Gills') 6lb for £7.00 from Bookers which are as good if not better than supermarket £1.49- £1.99 for 6 'premium' sausages. Katherine
-
[EVENT] BIG CAV BASH 2009 (@ Billing)
Oops, and meet everyone on here aswell Katherine
-
[EVENT] BIG CAV BASH 2009 (@ Billing)
I'm afraid there is only an outside chance I can get to Billing Andy. I may be able to come on Saturday. I could possibly get away for midday (if there are no hold ups), 3.5 hours drive (if I'm lucky) stay 4 hours ish and back for around midnight. I'm afraid work everyday now at least until November >. I am totally crap driving late at night, hence I might have to drag my daughter along for the journey. :-[ If I can make it, I'm not sure whether I will be in my Cavalier though,I'm a bit loathe to rush down the road and then back up the road in it plus if anything goes wrong I simply don't have the time/energy to sort it out; customers wait for no one. Also, I would rather not get anyone's hopes up by saying I will be there in it when it's such a long shot simply getting me there, if that makes sense. Would really like to see everyone's Cavaliers though that's for sure. ;D Katherine
-
Cavalier Lx
Those arches are going to look perfect when they are done; when your neighbour's see the finished result they'll see it was all worth it. Katherine
-
Hello from female Mark 2 owner!
Hi there Turbogirl; that CDi looks the business ;D Katherine
-
Hello from female Mark 2 owner!
You're right Frisco. The one I have just bought I am it's third owner. The gent who sold it to me was the first owner, he then bought another car and gave the Cavalier to his wife. She stopped driving and the car was going to be used by his brother in law but he sadly passed away so the car was redundant. But that is now my gain :angel: Katherine