Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greg

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Greg

  1. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    http://www.mk2cav.com/topic/22089-gregs-lx/ Low res 40MB download file in there (as it broke the new website when we transferred across).
  2. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    http://www.mk2cav.com/topic/22089-gregs-lx/
  3. Greg replied to rob 18's topic in NEW USERS
    Maybe.....was a while ago, it was red with a full kit on it. Maybe it had more kit than this one.
  4. Greg replied to rob 18's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice......I am a massive LX fan....if you hadn't guessed already
  5. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Kelvin, have a look at my Gregs LX back story......its not over till its over......well till its not ;¬) Fingers crossed its not too bad
  6. Greg replied to rob 18's topic in NEW USERS
    I see, not the one I have seen then. You have one of the rarest models (LX / LXi) and the best ;¬)
  7. O yes mate, class. We have not met as I cannot stand facebook so don't have an account. Love the cavs. I have missed the last 2 VBOAs as its landed on my holidays (poor planning, well its cheaper to go away when the kids break up). Hopefully see these in the flesh at some point.
  8. Greg replied to rob 18's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello Rob, welcome to the site. Is it a 1.3? I only ask as I remember seeing a red one fully kitted up on ebay over the years.
  9. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Back from my hols......currently trapped a nerve in my neck so that has meant the same progress to my projects as before....nadder Kelvin, as Andy says anything is savable, its whether its for economic or emotional reasons. Mk2s have historically only be restored / saved for emotional reasons, but the tide is turning a little.
  10. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice job. I cannot make it as I am on holiday. Can someone in admin move this thread to the members projects area please?
  11. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Good to see you haven't given up yet Kelvin, keep at it. Are you a fully paid up member yet?
  12. Gutted to be missing this.........enjoy people.
  13. I don't do Facebook, so have not seen this........more pictures please
  14. I did this, except the fuel and brake lines (which is a job I haven't sorted yet). I love your rotisserie setup....
  15. Good work then, watching the progress on this takes me back to working on mine.
  16. Lol. The only worry is squareness to the road surface. As you say fingers crossed its ok. Have you tried your doors back in yet? I left mine in to assist with rigidity and keep shape when putting in the new 1/4s, chassis legs and sills etc.
  17. Nice welding job, how did you get the right height for the axle pivots (I see a spacer, but did you just measure the distance to the floor to make sure its level?) I only ask, as time goes buy and the chassis legs disappear from existence, this will become the new norm.
  18. Good job Ian. Didn't sell it I see, common sense prevailed I've not managed to free up time for a local meet. Now the daily is back with another engine hopefully I can.
  19. Greg replied to Smidsy47's topic in NEW USERS
    Awesome. Welcome. Get some pictures up and the positive advice will flow.
  20. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Perfect.....get the pics up and we will try to assist where needed.
  21. Looks good. I think the membership is now £15/yr as it just left my paypal account last week. Worth every penny, if not for the banter on here alone
  22. That is special......excellent.....I guess you have left off the axle pivot to align that with another piece of fabrication work onto this? Do you have the other side to line it up with? We did these one at a time on my LX to keep the axle as straight as possible (by keeping 1 reference point on the car). Also my dad made a spacer for it to allow fitment without using a heavy axle to check.
  23. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Ironically Kelvin, the rust holes in the footwells let this water out, so welding them up shows the issue.
  24. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Great idea John W

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.