Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greg

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Greg

  1. Love it......a well used (and well loved) specimen. Have you thought about keeping it and getting it back to its former glory or is there something else ready to fill up the garage?
  2. Hello Andy, I love the fact that these cars are still about. Thanks for bringing it to the club first. Is it a 1600cc? Manual or auto?
  3. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Chin up Kelvin.....I actually enjoyed the welding bit. It just takes some time and effort that's all
  4. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Welding is all in the preparation. Which means its hard on these old rusty cars as you find the affected area is bigger than it first looks (to get back to decent metal).
  5. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Lol......I had plenty of practice on my white LX, but thanks for the offer
  6. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Madness.....maybe my dad needs to go back to welding up cars if that's the charge now. Hell maybe I should. Good luck with it Kelvin
  7. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Good work Ian, keep fighting the good fight
  8. Greg replied to lxi Hunter's topic in NEW USERS
    Another belter. I remember this one hitting ebay a while back it looked good then. Pictures are a must
  9. I believe that I got mine (non genuine) from here https://www.atp-autoteile.de/de or maybe here http://www.opel-classicparts.de/ Long time ago when I bought chassis legs for the white one
  10. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    I flagged it to Andy yesterday
  11. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice. Would probably give my 6.0 V8 a push. Have you joined up yet Ian?
  12. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    I got it wrong my mate had a 55 plate focus ST and I was surprised how slow it was……the ST220 is the Mondeo…..Fords are not my strong point lol
  13. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    l must still be dreaming then as I still have my ro out the front Jonny lives up oxford way, he is the only white SRi owner I know, but for sure there are others.
  14. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Could be Jonny in the Sri I had a friend with an ST220 in the asbo orange.....we had a couple of runs where I got "stuck," behind it
  15. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    You know you mistake as you kept the SRi tucked away On a serious note, my mk2 daily is slowly decomposing so its understandable running a more modern car. That said, I love driving the old car....so its catch 22.
  16. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    O no, you stepped into a F%&d
  17. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice one kelvin. Good luck.
  18. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello Kelvin, this it a shame.....and surprising in the same breath. I hope you find someone. There is a place on ebay that does car restos (as they sell mk2s) not sure if they are any good or local but if you need to move it somewhere else then they might be an option.
  19. Greg replied to Smidsy57's topic in NEW USERS
    Nice one Smidsy, welcome to the club. Where are you in the UK? As Chris said, get some pics up if you have any of the old cars......let us know what you are looking for and budget and we can assist.
  20. Greg replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello Ian, great looking car with a good story to boot. It will be good to see it MOT'd.
  21. Greg replied to Rusty's topic in NEW USERS
    Thanks.....its taken some time (and still is). Getting married, having 2 kids, moving twice and running a business seems to eat up the spare time.
  22. Greg replied to vxcalibre's topic in NEW USERS
    Time to clear that all out and get on it vx
  23. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Lol.....thanks....any mk2 love is appreciated on here. Good luck with it Kelvin
  24. Greg replied to Rusty's topic in NEW USERS
    Good luck rusty....that needs a bit of TLC, but with time you'll get there.
  25. Greg replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Kelvin, get a cuppa and look at this: http://www.mk2cav.com/topic/22089-gregs-lx/?do=findComment&comment=215520 This should provide some insight into what is possible.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.