Everything posted by Greg
- Hatchback
- Hatchback
-
Newby saying hello
Maybe.....was a while ago, it was red with a full kit on it. Maybe it had more kit than this one.
-
Newby saying hello
Nice......I am a massive LX fan....if you hadn't guessed already
- Hatchback
-
Newby saying hello
I see, not the one I have seen then. You have one of the rarest models (LX / LXi) and the best ;¬)
-
Garf, lover of all things rusty!
O yes mate, class. We have not met as I cannot stand facebook so don't have an account. Love the cavs. I have missed the last 2 VBOAs as its landed on my holidays (poor planning, well its cheaper to go away when the kids break up). Hopefully see these in the flesh at some point.
-
Newby saying hello
Hello Rob, welcome to the site. Is it a 1.3? I only ask as I remember seeing a red one fully kitted up on ebay over the years.
-
Diy Restoration & Upgrade Monza 1.8 BRAZIL
Love this, and best colour, nice one
-
Hatchback
Back from my hols......currently trapped a nerve in my neck so that has meant the same progress to my projects as before....nadder Kelvin, as Andy says anything is savable, its whether its for economic or emotional reasons. Mk2s have historically only be restored / saved for emotional reasons, but the tide is turning a little.
- Hatchback
- Hatchback
-
VBOA 2018 chat thread
Gutted to be missing this.........enjoy people.
-
Vboa stand :-) any stand spaces free for a mk2 c20let
I don't do Facebook, so have not seen this........more pictures please
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
I did this, except the fuel and brake lines (which is a job I haven't sorted yet). I love your rotisserie setup....
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
Good work then, watching the progress on this takes me back to working on mine.
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
Lol. The only worry is squareness to the road surface. As you say fingers crossed its ok. Have you tried your doors back in yet? I left mine in to assist with rigidity and keep shape when putting in the new 1/4s, chassis legs and sills etc.
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
Nice welding job, how did you get the right height for the axle pivots (I see a spacer, but did you just measure the distance to the floor to make sure its level?) I only ask, as time goes buy and the chassis legs disappear from existence, this will become the new norm.
-
VBOA 2018 chat thread
Good job Ian. Didn't sell it I see, common sense prevailed I've not managed to free up time for a local meet. Now the daily is back with another engine hopefully I can.
- Newby
- Hatchback
-
VBOA 2018 chat thread
Looks good. I think the membership is now £15/yr as it just left my paypal account last week. Worth every penny, if not for the banter on here alone
-
Estonian Ascona C Irmscher 88'
That is special......excellent.....I guess you have left off the axle pivot to align that with another piece of fabrication work onto this? Do you have the other side to line it up with? We did these one at a time on my LX to keep the axle as straight as possible (by keeping 1 reference point on the car). Also my dad made a spacer for it to allow fitment without using a heavy axle to check.
- Hatchback
- Hatchback