Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andy

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andy

  1. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    If your dash is snug to the screen rubber, leave dash in, you'll never get it as back under the rubber as factory! Close, but never the same...
  2. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Even when my 130s scuttle drain rubbers were bunged up the motor didn't leak into the cabin, but I guess all are different! There should be a pretty good deal on the lock of rubber the motor sits on. The sunroof should drain into the rear quarters, unless for some strange reason pipes were disconnected? Water in footwell maybe a windscreen rubber?
  3. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Where are you located again Kelvin? And good job! I still haven't found anyone for the Yellow ones paint and bodywork around here.
  4. andy replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Will there be video content to commemorate this auspicious moment?!!
  5. andy replied to airbrush's topic in NEW USERS
    Welcome to the site Mr Airbrush! Secondly - how is the shell for rust?!
  6. This will provide some headaches no doubt. Shame with VBOA having been with them for so long they have been so short-sighted.
  7. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion time, but as has been said, gotta find someone that likes / loves them! If you don't need the car anytime soon, there are some top guys in Scotland! (only half joking!)
  8. andy replied to Ian Whorlow's topic in NEW USERS
    Thanks for letting me know @Greg . Welcome aboard @Ian Whorlow, LOVE the cav!! Try this link and tell me if you can see anything - if not I'll sort it out asap! http://www.mk2cav.com/store/category/2-club-membership/
  9. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Orwin had more welding than I thought when I realised under the accelerator pedal has black melted carpet now.
  10. andy replied to Rusty's topic in NEW USERS
  11. andy replied to vxcalibre's topic in NEW USERS
    Don't get me started on mice and rats. You're lucky they didnt eat your loom and give you weils disease!
  12. andy replied to Rusty's topic in NEW USERS
    I need a video of it in motion Welcome to the site, can't wait to see more.
  13. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    What about first pranged / crashed MK2 with pics? I've not done it myself, but was passenger in reasonably gnarly one once. Was a parchment beige 1.6L cavalier hatch when I was about 20. Got a if of the bonnet which was 1ft long after the altercation with a granite wall and a Spinout.. well going through it.. have a pic somewhere!
  14. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Earth or starter problem. I also had lead to starter corrode inside the cable and same with earth so worth checking! As for posting pics, I can help you with that and it won't cost you hundreds of pounds either!! We can also help you find any bits you need. Pics are drag and drop just below the message window on pc, or paperclip button on mobile. Happy to help just pm me.
  15. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Needs to be seen!
  16. andy replied to Kelvin berry's topic in NEW USERS
    Yellow one was my first + current one! Kelvin, that story is well known - but if we catch up at a meet I'll tell it! Basically mum died when 10 (28 yrs ago now) it was hers from new, and I fought to keep the cav as a nipper.
  17. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    Putting me absolutely to shame! Fair play and keep it up!
  18. Got a few gl bits kicking around, let me know if you're looking for anything in particular!
  19. Date seems to be doing the rounds on FB - is that date legit I wonder? (Not mentioning it in case it's not!)
  20. As I'm working through site updates I'm going to post some quick videos on how to use the site. If you have requests for other videos, post them below, but I'll be moderating the thread to keep it relatively clear. 12/07/17 How to view unread content 'quickly'.
  21. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    Here are the converted images:
  22. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    Hello mate. Sussed out the problem with your photos mate. Spot the difference 4 rows down on the details: Try a few different settings on the camera, as it looks like some of your photos don't like the forum software, can you change the colour mode? I found loading and saving them in photoshop (no changes to image) added the colour representation field.
  23. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    andy @ mk2 cav . com As one word. I removed the limit on attachment uploads and can pretty much upload the whole internet right now..
  24. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    I think I'll be able to sort this, must be a maximum message post size setting somewhere!
  25. andy replied to adampestell's topic in NEW USERS
    This might happen if you tried to upload over 120mb of images - are you trying all at once? If so, just try one see if it works? Or email me a pic and I'll sign in as you and test whether I can upload.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.