Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

andy

CLUB ADMIN
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by andy

  1. andy replied to minimr.man's topic in NEW USERS
    Replied to you email, commonly caused but capitalisation error etc.. Just reply to the mail and I'll sort it out mate.
  2. andy replied to a post in a topic in NEW USERS
    Done!
  3. You could as special order! But were a grand more!
  4. To me it's all about the "early" Brazillian ones! The ones like look like the cars we know and love. I WILL own a 2 door hatchback!!
  5. Good news. Remember that this is the variant style that the club supports. Even though we do love all other J types too!
  6. We are much more about our early and late square front end style - as paul posted up earlier on this site. We appreciate the later cars, and indeed many of us drive them, but we only really support the events and meets for the square fronted ones. In this country there are many people already catering for the MK3 you see. Still is great to see the J platform still doing the business worldwide! Was a good chat the other day too.
  7. andy replied to nuneatonmk1's topic in NEW USERS
    Welcome to the site mate! Glad you are enjoying your stay here so far! You will have to keep your eyes peeled for a good 130, as they are increasingly hard to find and I get calls from people looking for them more and more often! Would be a great drive mate for your MK1 too.
  8. Badges! (not metal mk1 cav ones either!) SR and i badges in grey or black are a holy grail. Vauxhall and Cavalier only really available in new in Black and rare. Strange how in Germany Ascona badges are only available new in grey!
  9. I would say trim. So interior trim like early recaro stuff, the rare interiors like club etc.. also side skirts but more importantly rear sri saloon trim etc..etc..
  10. Actually I was just trying to get a look at the interior and it looked like the gold velour rather than the cruddy brown seats, should have noticed the wheel centre difference especially as I've corrected many a person on them before!! Don't think it helped that the image was so big I could only see the top of the doors and interior on my phone - plus I'm missing my GL terribly!
  11. Thats a gold GL, I've got the brochure in the club archives still, that scans been on the site for ages. In time more of the 1600s will become collectable, at the moment too many of us are still into the speed heheh..
  12. andy replied to a post in a topic in NEW USERS
    Was nice speaking to you at Billing mate, you mentioned the mk2 hunt then, but I guess if your back for good then you still have time to get your name / membership down for the rolling road! Failing that Billing!! ;D That interior was awesome, as were the wheels and actually looked as much at home on your car as they did on the V6 before it. Are you still around Sheffield? I'm up there every other weekend at the mo mate, you should let me know.. Still got my number? If not PM me.. No slinking off again now mate!!!
  13. andy replied to v6 sexy's topic in NEW USERS
    Hhehe I don't have that problem either mate - size 8-10 suits me just fine!
  14. andy replied to v6 sexy's topic in NEW USERS
    Why not. it's like a chunky girlfriend who goes on a diet and gets her libido back at the same time!
  15. andy replied to Moonlord's topic in NEW USERS
    Mate your English is better than some on here I could mention heheh! Looking forward to the pictures...
  16. Welcome to the site both of you! Sorrry about the site rewording your post! A little error I hope Casper can help me get to the bottom of!! Where abouts int he world are you located?
  17. andy replied to a post in a topic in NEW USERS
    Welcome aboard mate! Don't be afraid to post up most of us are pretty decent and helpful! ;D
  18. CDi is a lovely colour mate, looks mint too! Also the convertible looks like an interesting project!
  19. andy replied to stevecav's topic in NEW USERS
    They are all on the site in electronic form just have a look around the brochure and mag gallery. John in the club keeps a register of the calibres still in existence. Are you looking to sell on for a profit?
  20. This topic has been moved to Cavs For Sale & Wanted. [iurl]http://www.mk2cav.com/cgi-bin/smf/index.php?topic=9013.0[/iurl]
  21. Ill get a couple pics from my camera from last night / this morning. When I drove to Birm to collect cj I had to go through water across all three carriageways which was torrenting down from the surrounding fields. To be fair, sleeping on a closed motorway was kinda kewl in a way. The only thing that could of made it better might have been it happening on the way home from Billing, so we could crack out the chairs! As there were hundreds of people walking around and the atmostphere was quite well - British!
  22. andy replied to smilesoffun's topic in NEW USERS
    It's not really the same as it used to be, just a great way to screw car clubs for loads of money where it could be better spent in making the club better. With that said, this is mainly from their extortionate charges for electricity etc.. plus it seems to get more disorganised each year. It will be lovely to be there nad not have the stress of managing anything! A nice break!
  23. After I've had some sleep I'll tell you my ordeal! lets just say me and a thousand other motorists after driving htrough heavy floods spent the entire night on the M5 without moving an inch! Throw in indicator stalk shorting out to fill car with smoke, clutch cable getting pissed off with 17 horus of continual use and the car almost running out of petrol / refusing to start when on a hill! Still made it home, and I will have to get a couple pics up! Needless to say in the end the Ascona did not miss a beat despite threatening to after having had the engine running constantly for 10 hours! Seeing all the rovers / french / italian cars breaking down qas quite a sight. Got back at 8am this morning. All the cars have bushes and debris aroudn them too!
  24. I put them all on. ;D There are other club members plates there too see if you can spot them!
  25. andy replied to matty85's topic in NEW USERS
    Looks lovely mate, youve posted up some pics but are you going to get involved with the forum and start a thread for it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.