June 29, 200818 yr comment_84432 Now then all. I have joined the site prematurly am affraid. Am going to see a MK2 convertible tomorrow and fingers crossed I will be returning home with it. Am sure I will have lots of questions for you all to look forward to answering in the near future. While i've got your attention, has anyone put/or got a V6 in a MK2? It's just an idea myself and a friend had a while ago when in an enlighted state and we have been planning it ever since. I arn't intending to butcher the MK2 (if/WHEN i get it) stright away, partly in fear of committing sacrilege and partly because i wanna enjoy the car for what it is for a while. Anywho, happy cavving for all and hopfully i will be a MK2 owner by this time tomorrow. Report
June 29, 200818 yr comment_84433 Now then all. I have joined the site prematurly am affraid. Am going to see a MK2 convertible tomorrow and fingers crossed I will be returning home with it. Am sure I will have lots of questions for you all to look forward to answering in the near future. While i've got your attention, has anyone put/or got a V6 in a MK2? It's just an idea myself and a friend had a while ago when in an enlighted state and we have been planning it ever since. I arn't intending to butcher the MK2 (if/WHEN i get it) stright away, partly in fear of committing sacrilege and partly because i wanna enjoy the car for what it is for a while. Anywho, happy cavving for all and hopfully i will be a MK2 owner by this time tomorrow. Which mk2 convertible were you going to see? Was it the one with the calibre kit, white one ? Report
June 30, 200818 yr Author comment_84449 No, its a silver one, just waiting to hear bk from the guy with directions. Report
June 30, 200818 yr comment_84464 There's a couple of us who have V6's, mine and andy's are on the road, ians is still not finished.mine http://www.mk2cav.com/smf/index.php?topic=6715.0Andy's http://www.mk2cav.com/smf/index.php?topic=7767.0Ian's http://www.mk2cav.com/smf/index.php?topic=6718.0 Report
June 30, 200818 yr Author comment_84510 Well I've done it, went and bought the cav. Firstly a big thanks to jonhhy for selling his pride and joy, i know how hard it was to say good bye. And secondly damn you North Yorkshire police for stopping me in the damn thing and doing me on all fronts for no insurance 3 miles from home!! So am sad to say that my 1st experiance of the MK2 cav is full bore wanky pants! hey, it can only get better. Gonna source myself an MV6 engine and an Eaton supercharger and go chase down some T-5's. Oh, and 3rd, thanks in advance to the recovery company that are gonna screw me £130 to get my car back tomorrow. Am not bitter, just fooking disapointed at myself for not talking the black number plates off it!! Who needs those extra 6 points, i hear they are ment for sunday drivers anyway. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.