Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hi to all.

Featured Replies

Thought it was about time I said hi to everyone and tell you about me. Live in Swindon and work at RAF Lyneham, I have an E reg 1.8 bog standard Cabby in red that a friend wanted rid of and paid the princely sum of £50. (not sure if that was a good deal or not!! :Ha) Just renewed the fuel pipes and got her started. Runs like a dream, wouldn't believe she was standing for 2 years. She had a new hood a few years ago which cost quite a bit so thats something not to worry about for a while. I have just got PAS from a MK2 CD which is going in and the rear discs from an early Mk3 so these are my first projects (Apart from a bit of welding) Have a few other things i'd like to do so expect lots of questions, I'm about to join in full and look forward to meeting most of you in due course. :D

Hi there!

I'm a new board member too :) I look forward to chatting with you.

Dawn

Am sure Iv'e said this before, but welcome to the forum's mateeeeee ;D

and paid the princely sum of £50. (not sure if that was a good deal or not!! :Ha)

Worth that for one piece of the glass.

Tip, dont break any glass.

Ooops nearly forgot welcome to the forum. :)

welcome to the funny farm....oppps sorry forum....

As Mark said yes, if nothing else for certain pieces of glass, but if the whole car is half decent they you have bagged a bargain.....

welcome aboard m8 8)

  • Author

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. :D I certainly seem to think I got a bargain, The cab needs a bit of work in the welding department. Someone had a good old go at bodging the boot and rear lower panel. May need to get a new one, any suggestions for good panel suppliers would be great.

I have just got PAS from a MK2 CD which is going in and the rear discs from an early Mk3 so these are my first projects

Beware the front bulkhead and PAS and cabby's tends to be a bit weak.  Some have found the rack sort of comes away with it's mounting.  

Also if you are fitting rear discs you most likely need to fit the fronts from a mk3 as well.  

Did I say Hi ?   welcome to the forum !!!

Bulkheads phooey makes no odds, welcome to the forum you will be able to get all the help & advice you need here

Bulkheads phooey makes no odds,

Just check it for cracks when you fit the PAS.

Hands up anyone that's had a problem.

My mate Frank had it on both his convertibles !!

This is a problem for all mk2's be it a convertible ,hatch or saloon on pas or manual

This is a problem for all mk2's be it a convertible ,hatch or saloon on pas or manual

I am happy to accept your statement but suggest again that whilst you have the rack off, it's a good time to check.

I did think that PAS was worse due to lack of relief valve and Convertible was worse due to some quirk of cutting the roof off and strengthening the shell.  

But if it's ALL of them I best check mine out now.  

mine had rot when i changed mine.tin top saloon :? :?

Seen it cracking on a Gold 130 hatch with a valver in her. Think he was spinning and when he reached for second gear it snaped :Ha :Ha :Ha

  • Author

Im taking the old rack out tomorrow so will give it all a good check out. Think head gasket might be a bit dodgy as well, she blew her top today, have checked all the sensor wiring out and changed the thermostat but she just boiled again. Fan works when I bypass it. Is there anything else that I may have missed? :?

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

Have had the week off to try and get her on the road but the weather has put a halt on most of it.

Have tried to get a picture of the £50 wonder, its not good clarity but it should give you an idea of what i got for my money.

photocav0026ss.jpg

Im taking the old rack out tomorrow so will give it all a good check out. Think head gasket might be a bit dodgy as well, she blew her top today, have checked all the sensor wiring out and changed the thermostat but she just boiled again. Fan works when I bypass it. Is there anything else that I may have missed? :?

Usually head gasket !!!

She looks pretty good there, well worth the £50 ;)

Welcome aboard 8)

She looks pretty good there, well worth the £50 ;)

Welcome aboard 8)

Totally agree!!!!!!!

For 50 sheets you cant go wrong!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.