July 21, 200719 yr comment_63360 My ascona rescued a woman from her vectra!!!! Im so proud!I was driving home yesturday morning burchetts green and the roundabout was under about 3 feet of water! I got to the roundabout as a woman was climbing out of the back window of her 54 reg vectra in about 1 and half feet of water. The lady was very distressed so had to help.I kept the revs up and slipping the clutch as the exhuast was well under water. My car ploughed through, got next to the vectra ( on the shallower side). the lady jumped half in through my passenger window and stayed hanging out of the window untill i got her out!The car never missed a beat! I was so proud! I really didnt know if she'd make it through but she did!!Cavaliers are the Dogs Boll*cks!!! Report
July 21, 200719 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_63361 After I've had some sleep I'll tell you my ordeal! lets just say me and a thousand other motorists after driving htrough heavy floods spent the entire night on the M5 without moving an inch! Throw in indicator stalk shorting out to fill car with smoke, clutch cable getting pissed off with 17 horus of continual use and the car almost running out of petrol / refusing to start when on a hill! Still made it home, and I will have to get a couple pics up! Needless to say in the end the Ascona did not miss a beat despite threatening to after having had the engine running constantly for 10 hours! Seeing all the rovers / french / italian cars breaking down qas quite a sight. Got back at 8am this morning. All the cars have bushes and debris aroudn them too! Report
July 21, 200719 yr comment_63373 Not very nice if the weather has affected you badly. Well done Andy for pulling through. Strange how the weather makes such urgent national news when its 'down south'. Report
July 21, 200719 yr comment_63397 The weather shots I saw on the news were shocking especially the M5.Some were as close as half hour from me.Quite concerning really. :-\ Report
July 21, 200719 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_63401 Ill get a couple pics from my camera from last night / this morning. When I drove to Birm to collect cj I had to go through water across all three carriageways which was torrenting down from the surrounding fields. To be fair, sleeping on a closed motorway was kinda kewl in a way. The only thing that could of made it better might have been it happening on the way home from Billing, so we could crack out the chairs! As there were hundreds of people walking around and the atmostphere was quite well - British! Report
July 22, 200719 yr comment_63454 I wouldn't of minded been there andy, mind you i did have the caravan with me ;DMy ascona rescued a woman from her vectra!!!! Im so proud!I was driving home yesturday morning burchetts green and the roundabout was under about 3 feet of water! I got to the roundabout as a woman was climbing out of the back window of her 54 reg vectra in about 1 and half feet of water. The lady was very distressed so had to help.I kept the revs up and slipping the clutch as the exhuast was well under water. My car ploughed through, got next to the vectra ( on the shallower side). the lady jumped half in through my passenger window and stayed hanging out of the window untill i got her out!The car never missed a beat! I was so proud! I really didnt know if she'd make it through but she did!!Cavaliers are the Dogs Boll*cks!!!Was she good looking and wearing a skirt? Report
July 22, 200719 yr comment_63457 Was she good looking and wearing a skirt? call me a true gent but if she wasnt i would have left her there > Report
July 22, 200719 yr Author comment_63501 yup she was in a shirt and aged about 32 id say. didnt take my fancy tho. Report
July 23, 200719 yr comment_63506 I went down my allotment on Saturday to collect a few broad beans and I had to wear wellies to wade to my rotting crops. Bloke with the allotment next to mine was in tears (apparently it takes 3 years to grow asparagras) I was wondering how them in the south west midlands were doing. Report
July 23, 200719 yr comment_63516 what floods, n.ireland so far so goodThats been flooded for years, use to be apart of the uk once ;D Report
July 23, 200719 yr comment_63544 yup she was in a shirt and aged about 32 id say. didnt take my fancy tho. She only had a shirt on, superb ;D Report
August 3, 200719 yr comment_64242 floods where mad i got stuck in gloucester town from sunday night till wednesday afternoon!!! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.