July 11, 200719 yr comment_62279 Hi,Just putting up a quick post to say "hi"! I'm Dave, and I live down in sunny Dorset, near Bournemouth. We've had a Mk2 in our family now for over 15 years, great car. We've actually got two of them, both D-reg estates, both the "Cavalier L", and both unfortunately heading for the breaker's yard.We've had the red one (my father's) for over 15 years, I remember falling asleep in the back of it on the way back from Heathrow airport after a holiday, when I was a kid. I bought the white one for £50 to save it from the breaker's yard and we've had a couple of good years service from it.Unfortunately, the bodywork on both of them has finally become uneconomical to maintain, despite years of patching and replacing and re-welding. I'll be putting up a post in the For Sale section for the both of them, to see if anyone's interested in saving them from becoming baked bean cans...I wish I'd found this forum earlier - I'm on the owners forums for my VW Polo, Honda CRX and Mitsubishi FTO, but never got around to it for the Cavaliers!Well, that's about it for now.Dave Report
July 12, 200719 yr comment_62283 Hi Dave, and welcome to the site.I hope someone gets these Cavs from you, the estates are getting to be few and far between. ;D Report
July 13, 200719 yr Author comment_62402 Thanks. Well, all the info's up on here now, so fingers crossed they'll go to someone who'll get at least one of them back to A1 condition! I'd really hate for them to go to the breaker's yard - as you said, they're kinda rare these days. Shame, they're very practical cars! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.