June 20, 200719 yr comment_60429 Just a quick introduction to say hello to everyone.I'm currently a member of Vxon and whilst cutting a deal on my first mk2 Cav, I came across a link to this site posted by GreyDJ.I now have two Cavaliers to my name-1994 Cavalier mk3 GLS TD in Kings Blue1984 Cavalier mk2 Sri 1.8 in Carmine RedPreviously owned Vauxhalls1998 Astra Sri 2.0 in Flame Red S939 MGN(First one of the new model ever sold, so I'm told)(No Pic)1984 Astra mk1 GTE Race prepared in White B172 XNF1992 Nova mk2 1.2 Spi in Polar White J673 PJCHopefully i'll be around these parts for a while as I'm planning to use the Sri while the TD is having some work done and I'd like to take care of the Sri as it would be a shame to let it go to waste.Graham Report
June 20, 200719 yr comment_60431 Just a quick introduction to say hello to everyone.I'm currently a member of Vxon and whilst cutting a deal on my first mk2 Cav, I came across a link to this site posted by GreyDJ.1984 Cavalier mk2 Sri 1.8 in Carmine Red1984 Astra mk1 GTE Race prepared in White B172 XNFWe've met (Vitually!) That's Billy's old Cav ? From Chester ? It is !And the Astra ? Well that's got a 146 BHP 1.8E 8V and I was going to buy it about 2 yaers ago Via Andy Mac on PistonHeads? [attachment deleted by admin] Report
June 20, 200719 yr Author comment_60443 The Astra is now scattered all across the UK in bits.It was gifted to me by Andy Mc's brother shortly before he moved to Bulgaria and he needed it out of the way. The condition of it was a little pricey to get back to being road legal so the only thing for me to do was to pull of the good bits, sell them on and then sell the shell. Got a tidy sum too, not bad for a mk1 GTE that I was given for free!The Sri did belong to cavmad from Chester until last night. Report
June 20, 200719 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_60448 Welcome to the site! I hope you are going to keep the car as a going concern and perhaps restore and improve it a bit to give her some the glory she deserves! There are certainly enough people on here that will help you keep it in once piece and running for some time to come. Report
June 20, 200719 yr comment_60450 what happened vto the 1.8e 8V ? Would make your mk2 a BEAST !!! Report
June 20, 200719 yr Author comment_60465 what happened vto the 1.8e 8V ? Would make your mk2 a BEAST !!! Went with GTE I'm afraid.I needed the space and the cash and goodies for my Nova at the time and was getting short of space. Report
June 20, 200719 yr Author comment_60466 Right then.After getting a few hours af decent weather I decided to give the Sri a little TLC.The passengers front wing, bonnet, boot and roof came up pretty well afted a T-cut and polish but the rest of the paintwork is terrible, the pics will explain all.Hoovered the interior and it came up very well indeed.The Recaro interior is mint apart from the dreaded bolster wear on the drivers seat.The mirrors will soon be black as per standard (Although painted)Probably have to get some cutting compound on the paintwork as It does need a good going over. Report
June 20, 200719 yr comment_60475 Well done mate, your cav looks fantastic, it allways amazes me what a bit of elbo grease will do Report
June 20, 200719 yr comment_60480 It really does look miles better than before, nice 8) What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.