Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello to one and all

Featured Replies

Just a quick introduction to say hello to everyone.

I'm currently a member of Vxon and whilst cutting a deal on my first mk2 Cav, I came across a link to this site posted by GreyDJ.

I now have two Cavaliers to my name-

1994 Cavalier mk3 GLS TD in Kings Blue

PICT0106.jpg

1984 Cavalier mk2 Sri 1.8 in Carmine Red

Mk2Cavengineetc008.jpg

Previously owned Vauxhalls

1998 Astra Sri 2.0 in Flame Red  S939 MGN

(First one of the new model ever sold, so I'm told)

(No Pic)

1984 Astra mk1 GTE Race prepared in White B172 XNF

Astrawithgraphics.jpg

1992 Nova mk2 1.2 Spi in Polar White J673 PJC

Nova0003.jpg

Hopefully i'll be around these parts for a while as I'm planning to use the Sri while the TD is having some work done and I'd like to take care of the Sri as it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Graham

Just a quick introduction to say hello to everyone.

I'm currently a member of Vxon and whilst cutting a deal on my first mk2 Cav, I came across a link to this site posted by GreyDJ.

1984 Cavalier mk2 Sri 1.8 in Carmine Red

Mk2Cavengineetc008.jpg

1984 Astra mk1 GTE Race prepared in White B172 XNF

Astrawithgraphics.jpg

We've met (Vitually!)

That's Billy's old Cav ? From Chester ?  It is !

And the Astra ?  Well that's got a 146 BHP 1.8E 8V and I was going to buy it about 2 yaers ago Via Andy Mac on PistonHeads? 

[attachment deleted by admin]

  • Author

The Astra is now scattered all across the UK in bits.

It was gifted to me by Andy Mc's brother shortly before he moved to Bulgaria and he needed it out of the way.

The condition of it was a little pricey to get back to being road legal so the only thing for me to do was to pull of the good bits, sell them on and then sell the shell.

Got a tidy sum too, not bad for a mk1 GTE that I was given for free!

The Sri did belong to cavmad from Chester until last night.

hi nice slection of vauxhalls  :)

  • CLUB MEMBER

Welcome to the site! I hope you are going to keep the car as a going concern and perhaps restore and improve it a bit to give her some the glory she deserves! There are certainly enough people on here that will help you keep it in once piece and running for some time to come.

  • Author

what happened vto the 1.8e 8V ?  Would make your mk2 a BEAST !!!

Went with GTE I'm afraid.

I needed the space and the cash and goodies for my Nova at the time and was getting short of space.

  • Author

Right then.

After getting a few hours af decent weather I decided to give the Sri a little TLC.

The passengers front wing, bonnet, boot and roof came up pretty well afted a T-cut and polish but the rest of the paintwork is terrible, the pics will explain all.

PICT0257.jpg

PICT0261.jpg

PICT0262.jpg

Hoovered the interior and it came up very well indeed.

The Recaro interior is mint apart from the dreaded bolster wear on the drivers seat.

PICT0259.jpg

PICT0263.jpg

PICT0260.jpg

The mirrors will soon be black as per standard (Although painted)

Probably have to get some cutting compound on the paintwork as It does need a good going over.

Well done mate, your cav looks fantastic, it allways amazes me what a bit of elbo grease will do  ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.