Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Lock Set Required for Cavalier Calibre

Featured Replies

I've recently purchased a Cavalier Calibre for £350 which has been stored for 5 years and need to fit a new lock set to it.  Can any one advise where the best place to get one from is. 

Not much else wrong with the car no rust other than what is mentioned below, trim all there etc.  Has gone through MOT but failed on items a few items head light bulb, rear number plate bulb, 1 tyre and a couple of rust holes the size of a pin.

Kevin

hi kevin welcome

try a vauxhall dealer for the lock set

  • Author

I did think about that but had been told they were no longer avalible.  You dont know how much it would be from a Main Dealer by any chance?  The reason I ask is ebay might be cheaper?

im not quite sure but some people have had them for around £25 to £35 form what i have read.

you got any pics of the calibre?

looks tidy considering its been parked up  :)

wonder if this one is on the register?

wonder if this one is on the register?

would be nice to know the reg KJBOpel400, if you don't want to post it here pm it me.

I've recently purchased a Cavalier Calibre for £350 which has been stored for 5 years and need to fit a new lock set to it.  Can any one advise where the best place to get one from is. 

Not much else wrong with the car no rust other than what is mentioned below, trim all there etc.  Has gone through MOT but failed on items a few items head light bulb, rear number plate bulb, 1 tyre and a couple of rust holes the size of a pin.

Kevin

That looks very nice and extremely solid and all for £350!

Result!  ;D

  • Author

Should say that I have got to change the locks as the passenger door and boot locks are broken, so though it best to change all of them and possibly the ignition barel as well.

Hi Kevin

If you can let me have the vehicle details in a PM, i.e Chassis Number, Reg Number, Name & Address, i can then send back to Vauxhall's and get the key number. Once we have that we can get a complete lock set or just the locks you want made up

Cheers

Andy @ Drive

 

  • CLUB MEMBER

cheaper to buy a complete lock set, its just cost me nearly £30- (trade + vat) to replace the fuel lock/filler cap, made to order to match my original keys..  :(

 The saviour of mk2 cavs & ascona's

  • Author

Thanks for the replys.  I have got a locks set new which I am having fitted.

  • Author

Have got it on the road today.  Drives absolutly great. Amiazed that the Trip Computer still works, the electric windows and even also the remote boot release which I am told does not always.

Have got to change the exhaust at some point as some down the line has fitted a Walker one which is incorrect and bangs on roundabouts as it is not correct.

One question what tyre pressures should I be running?

Kevin

One question what tyre pressures should I be running?

Not sure the exact figure Kevin but when I had my Cally and come to think of it every Cavalier I've owned including the present SRi, I've always run the tyres at anything between 32 and 35 PSI. ;D

ok going on it has a 2.0ltr engine autodata has pressures as follows

rim size        Tyre size                        front                        rear

                                                        bar  psi                    bar  psi

5x13              155 r13 s                        2.0  29                    1.8  26

5x13              165 r13 s                        1.9  27                    1.7  24

5.5x13          185/70 r13 s                    1.9  27                    1.8  26 

5.5x14          195/60 r 14 h                  2.0  29                    2.0  29

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.