April 25, 200719 yr comment_56915 HI THEREI'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH MY 1992 K REG'N 2.0 CDI CAVALIER.HAS ANYONE HAD A PROSIMILAR PROBLEM WITH THE ELECTRIC WINDOW SWITCH. THE ILLUMINATING LIGHTS STAY ON CONSTANTLY AND I AM WORRIED ABOUT THE BATTERY BEING DRAINED. I AM SURE THE LIGHTS ARE MEANT TO SWITCH OFF WHEN THE CAR IS LOCKED, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE LITTLE LIGHTS ARE NOT TURNING OFF.CAN ANYONE HELP WITH SOLVING THIS PROBLEM??THANKS MIKE Report
April 25, 200719 yr comment_56916 Not sure whats wrong, but for now just disconnect the switch. This will stop the battery from draining.I'd try a new switch to be honest, they cant be expensive. ;D Report
April 25, 200719 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_56919 I think the lights are meant to stay on for a time after the doors have shut. Reason i say this is that my mk3 cavs lights stay lit for a good few minutes after parking and the windows continue to operate for as long as they are lit. I think there is a capacitor there somewhere to allow this to happen, so i wouldnt worry about it, perhaps leave a window open and lean in after about an hour (without opening the door) to see if they have gone out. Report
April 25, 200719 yr comment_56970 Does your interior light work when the drivers door is opened? What would Gordon do? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.