Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello, I come in Peace, please be gentle

Featured Replies

Hi,

I'm a regular on Novaload.net and just popped across to ask a question and hopefully source some parts.

Not sure how clued up you all are on Novas but on the continent a number of models were produced with heated mirrors as standard. Specifically for sale in colder climates ie Switzerland i think. After making some enquiries there are some heated mirrors still availble to buy through opel dealers but they are pretty expensive.

I have however managed to source a guide in german which uses Ascona/mk2 cav mirror internals for a conversion.

Were all mk2 cav's fitted with heated electric mirrors or just specific models?

Would these be wired in to a manually operated switch? (this would be how I would probably wire them in as they would only be used a few weeks in the year)

Generally how much would a set of these mirrors normally cost second hand?

Thank you in advance.

Matt

Hi,

I'm a regular on Novaload.net and just popped across to ask a question and hopefully source some parts.

Not sure how clued up you all are on Novas but on the continent a number of models were produced with heated mirrors as standard. Specifically for sale in colder climates ie Switzerland i think. After making some enquiries there are some heated mirrors still availble to buy through opel dealers but they are pretty expensive.

I have however managed to source a guide in german which uses Ascona/mk2 cav mirror internals for a conversion.

Were all mk2 cav's fitted with heated electric mirrors or just specific models?

Would these be wired in to a manually operated switch? (this would be how I would probably wire them in as they would only be used a few weeks in the year)

Generally how much would a set of these mirrors normally cost second hand?

Thank you in advance.

Matt

Most of Us Love Nova's (Done right!!)

Electric mirrors came in two options 1) Early electric adjust only and 2) Later Electric and Heated

YOU want the later one's

Sri's CDi's Calibre's Gl's GLS's all have them and LXi's etc ?

You need the switch from next to the Gearstick/handbrake and a set of second hand mirrors shurely won't cost more than £20 with the switch ? I paid someone £10 for 2 about 18 months ago because mine had broken mounts, and one had a damaged outercasing.  Still got the old one's in the garage I think.  I'm quite prepared to swap these for something vauxhall related (make a suggestion of something you don't need  ;D) as IIRC the internals all worked.  Unfortunately there's no switch.  I guess that Calibra / mk3 cav one's might also work but just a guess.

Thanks for the info.

I'm trying to think of something I actually have left that could be of use. Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is a Nova GTE wrap around spoiler... its a bit tatty and could do with a repaint. I think I've sold pretty much everything else as the GTE is nearly finished (kitted I'm afraid)

Sorry to correct you POD but the early ones were heated also.My B Reg has the old fashioned mirror control switch and it is definatly has a heated control switch built in.It lights up green when you press it.See pic. :o

mirrorswitch2dh.jpg

for what its worth, the switch for operating them in my late SRi is the same as that in a MK2 Astra with leccy mirrors, normally the CDi/GTE models.

should make that bit easier to find!!

have the wiring out of an 86 cav cabrio for the electric mirrors if that helps any to your conversion

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.