October 28, 200619 yr comment_46168 For those that dont know it, its a 1987 D plate Vauxhall Cavalier Mk2 1.8 SRi!! 158k miles but you'd never know it. From what Ive found out it wa at Billing this year on your stand and used to belong to 'Hallo' on here.For those that dont know me, Im normally found on MIGweb where Ive been kicking around for over 5 years now and on www.astra-mk2.com because Im majorly into the good old GTE 16v. Im currently building a GTE LET trackcar from Gary Pooles old pineapple yellow shell for those of you that know it, and Im based near Cheddar in somerset.I was running around in an Irmscher kitted Calibra 16v XE that I sold this morning becuase I was intendeing to get something sensible to run around in so I could pick up the pace on the Astra... however self control isnt one of my strong points and theres not much interesting about a MK3 Cav TD that I was looking for. Looking at Cavaliers on Autotrader yesterday threw up a Mk2 Cav SRi!! 'Immaculate' 'ex show car' 'rust free' the ad claimed, naturally I was very sceptical but rang the owner anyway. He assured me it was as good as he promised and said he had bought it from someone on mk2cav.com. After hanging up I got straight over here (by some miracle I remebered my user name and password as Ive been registered for yonks!) and found a for sale ad he had mentioned from when he bought it 2 months ago. Everyone was saying how good it was and if they had the space etc etc. So far so good!! Went and had a look at it this afternoon and my mouth hit the floor. I couldnt find anything more than surface rust anywhere and I spent 30 mins poking around it! To say this car is immaculate just doesnt do it justice. Its easily the mintest car Ive ever owned and that included a brand new corsa way back in 2001 LMFAO!!Im delighted with it, its proper retro coolness and to say it turns head is an understatement. One old dude in a new Vectra actually pointed at me in it:D Dad ran loads of these during the 80's and I grew up with them. I love the way I can see the bonnet stretching out in front of me as I drive along, the steering wheel feels massive and theres not one curve anywhere. Its just great. Its ages since Ive driven a FWD 8v Vauxhall and the noise he 1.8i makes is the same as I remember:DMy plans for it? keep her just as she is. Its going to be used everyday mind, for going to and from work 3 miles from home, college twice a week and other day to day bits and bobs. Thankfully Im only learning to be an accountant so its not going to get grubby to often!Im now of to go back to starring out of the window! Report
October 28, 200619 yr comment_46171 Nice car. Seen this at Billing myself and was well minted. 1.8SE rock. My prevoius one had no problem keeping up with a 130 8) Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_46206 saw your post on migweb, nice to know the cars got a good home. Report
October 29, 200619 yr Author comment_46219 cant belive the response its had over on MIG!! had a couple of people PMing me asking if I'll sell it straight on etc etc but no chance!Im going to b taking the K&N off for the standard airbox, possibly the manifold too, seems to have changed where the torque is and I do like the 8v low down trait!Might end up lowering it, seems to sit quite high and it is very soft! Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_46224 Let me know what you doing with the manifold if you do decide to swap it back to original one Report
October 29, 200619 yr Author comment_46235 will do, gonna live with it for a while first though and see what I reckon to it.First job is gonna be sorting he clutch! Report
October 29, 200619 yr comment_46247 Brett, good to see you on here......How is the pineapple one going, it has been a long time since i was over at Mk2 astra... Report
October 30, 200619 yr Author comment_46255 Hi Jay how are you!Pinapple's prgressing nicely if not as fast as I'd like! This cavalier wont speed things up TBH! not fussed though in the least, love it to bits already!!you've got a reply to the fuel pump thread on astra Mk2 actually, do you know what make/model it is? could be just what I need for the pineapple! Report
October 30, 200619 yr Author comment_46304 still another day untill its taxed/insured. Got my brother Astra GSi for work tomorrow.just noticed it has an alarm tonight LMAO! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.