April 24, 200620 yr comment_35488 I think I can remember a production MK2 oil burner. Am I right. I think they came out at the end of production around the E plate. Am I right again? Do we have any in the club? must be rare I would of thought. Not completely sure on this one. ??? Expert help on the subject please. Report
April 24, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_35490 oh yes, and the brochures are in the image galleries... ;Dnice parchment one in there...First production diesel GM did with glow plugs... needed a turbo tho at 54 brake!They might be in the old members area we are yet to resurrect... will find out! Report
April 24, 200620 yr Author comment_35491 Now thats service!! An answer in 5 minutes must have a drive in one, anyone taking one to billing this year? You could set off tomorrow ;D and get there in time Report
April 24, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_35502 Reviews at the time said " could barely keep abreast of motorway traffic " might have been Eric Dymock in the Vauxhall Files, im sure dougie will know - but they defo were the slowest. A diesel estate would make the allready nippy 1600 8v look like a spaceship!For all I know, there have been a couple for sale over the past few years, but none are in the club...Dazzy are there any you know of on the members list? Report
April 30, 200620 yr comment_35808 The Cavalier diesel was actually launched in 1982 - first examples were on a 'Y' reg. It was the same engine launched in the Astra at the same time, yet I seem to remember that the Astra had a 5 speed 'box whereas the first Cavalier 'D' s had to make do with the four speed? I'll have to check my brochure archive....... Report
April 30, 200620 yr comment_35815 Yep cav had 4 speed box i forgot that until it was mentioned the 5 speed diesel came along in 85 when the brakes improved Report
May 1, 200620 yr Author comment_35898 I know a lot of folk are dropping petrol 16v reds in there cars but has anyone thought of dropping in a modern Turbo direct injection into a MK2. 150BHP out of a modern unit, 50MPG and all that torque you could ever need. Shoot me down but must be worth a look at £1+ for fuel within the month. Report
May 1, 200620 yr comment_35902 i have seen a few di's in mk2 astra's so cav wouldnt be hard to do,it would mate up to the f16,all that would be needed is the drivers side mount to get engine in. Report
May 8, 200620 yr comment_36164 I know a lot of folk are dropping petrol 16v reds in there cars but has anyone thought of dropping in a modern Turbo direct injection into a MK2. 150BHP out of a modern unit, 50MPG and all that torque you could ever need. Shoot me down but must be worth a look at £1+ for fuel within the month.A non standard mk2 cav, cant beleive you suggested that Report
May 10, 200620 yr comment_36316 i made a joke with a friend about this but it's a serious thought and providing you could make it work could be as very tasty combo Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.