February 22, 200620 yr comment_30624 Suppose I'd better say Hi. Proud to say I've owned my Mk2 Cav CDi for half my life so it's sort of grew up with me. As we've both aged, both of our body work has fallen into disrepair but at 192k it's just about run in.The Cav has been sitting in my garage for the last 3 years but over the last 6 months has been fired up to get it back on the road again and it's now swapped places with my other motor to become my daily driver for the time being (mainly due to the grin factor.) The big plan is to do a Nurburgring trip this year along with a few of my mates but first off is a few track day sessions for a shake down. First track day is next Friday week on March 3rd at Snetterton (anyone else want to come?)Fletch Report
February 22, 200620 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_30625 snetterton? Cool!Make surey ou get plenty of pictures (and video!!) and start your own journal for the car, as well as posting up the work you don on her on the featured thread!!Welcome aboard mate! Report
February 22, 200620 yr Author comment_30626 Thanks. Where do I go to start and post the journal?Fletch Report
February 22, 200620 yr comment_30634 You can create your journal here http://www.mk2cav.com/cgi-bin/smf/index.php?board=21.0 Just add a new thread like the others. Eventualy I will add peoples Journals to there profile (When I work out how to do it).Welcome to the club. Report
February 22, 200620 yr comment_30645 Thanks. Where do I go to start and post the journal?FletchThat will be in the members area Report
February 22, 200620 yr Author comment_30662 Ok, thanks guys. Well to coin a phrase, the cheques in the post Fletch Report
February 22, 200620 yr comment_30663 Ok, thanks guys. Well to coin a phrase, the cheques in the post FletchI look forward to recieving it 8) Report
February 22, 200620 yr comment_30665 I look forward to recieving it 8)Need some more 'buffty polish' for the 130 then Daz? ;D Report
February 22, 200620 yr comment_30667 Need some more 'buffty polish' for the 130 then Daz? ;Dssssssssshhhhhhhhhh Report
February 24, 200620 yr comment_30973 Hi there, is the car totally standard? Don't fancy the standard brakes much at Snetterton never mind the 'ring. Good on ya... ;D Report
February 25, 200620 yr Author comment_31006 Oh good grief no. 1.8 Blydenstein head, 2.0 bottom end. Torque Developments cam, koni's all round, Ashley 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, scorpion system, 16v brakes, strut brace, twonk behind the wheel. About 140bhp but of course I need a rolling road session with witnesses to prove it. Not bad for 190k ;DFletch Report
February 25, 200620 yr comment_31051 wow thats cool !!!! Shaun Teasdale - just incase anyone wants to know my true identity : ) Report
February 26, 200620 yr Author comment_31082 Not quite cool, possibly cold with damp bits. Like me, the body needs some attention. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.