Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Back after a pretty long absence

Featured Replies

Hi

 

As above back after a long time being absent! Hoping life is going to give me some time now! To that end I finally have a cavalier back on the road. I've owned it for about 33 is years I think.

 

It was last briefly on the road for our wedding in 2012 but that was a bit of a fudge I think just to use it for the wedding!

 

Someone in the past gave me my user name, can't remember who but if you feel the need it would now be 12 cavaliers (3 MK3's)! :)

 

It'd be good to get to VBOA if that's possible? I don't know how many of the old faces are still here but it'd be good to catch up.

 

Cheers

 

Rob

 

 

WhatsApp Image 2025-06-04 at 23.06.43_e157cad0.jpg

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Oddly I was only talking about you today Rob, and the cdi saloon I sold you many years ago now 

 

How you been? 

Good thank you, You?

 

I still have the CDI but sadly I've let it slide. :(  Back when I still lived in London some kids broke into where I had them stored and I suspect were on the roofs or something and broke the sunroof and as it was months till I revisited and noticed as they were sheeted up it was wrecked. :( . I moved it up to Lincolnshire with me so might be able to do something but I think it maybe too far gone.

 

You going to VBOA?

 

Your pic from years ago but sadly not looking like that now. :( 

cavonexf8.jpg

  • Author
8 hours ago, andy said:

Whooop! The legend returns! Great to hear you're back in the fold. Be good to catch up soon. How long has it been now? 10 years?! 

Legend, don't think I've ever been called that! Like it though... :) I think more like 16 years, I think it said my last post was 2009.........

 

Yes will be good to catch up, you going to VBOA?

 

How's things? All good I hope.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Robs back, nice......since you were gone the LX got completed lol

 

Hows things?  All good?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

On 15/06/2025 at 22:14, Robbytencavs said:

Good thank you, You?

 

I still have the CDI but sadly I've let it slide. :(  Back when I still lived in London some kids broke into where I had them stored and I suspect were on the roofs or something and broke the sunroof and as it was months till I revisited and noticed as they were sheeted up it was wrecked. :( . I moved it up to Lincolnshire with me so might be able to do something but I think it maybe too far gone.

 

You going to VBOA?

 

Your pic from years ago but sadly not looking like that now. :( 

cavonexf8.jpg

would like to see a pic of it now, next time you are near it, the one car i always wish i had kept

  • Author
8 hours ago, Greg said:

Robs back, nice......since you were gone the LX got completed lol

 

Hows things?  All good?

Good to hear, look forward to seeing it at VBOA!

 

All good, you?

  • Author
2 hours ago, Paul said:

would like to see a pic of it now, next time you are near it, the one car i always wish i had kept

 

I will but I think you'll regret asking, sorry. :( 

  • CLUB MEMBER
On 17/06/2025 at 20:43, Robbytencavs said:

Good to hear, look forward to seeing it at VBOA!

 

All good, you?

Yep, decent thanks.  LX has a fuel pipe issue....should be easy to fix so needs some fettling pre-VBOA

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 1 month later...

Welcome back Rob, I remember that CDI , I loved the early interiors.

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.