April 23, 20251 yr comment_225878 Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself, I owned a mk2 cavalier cabrio a few years ago and just put a deposit on another that I'm picking up next week also a mk2 sri saloon that needs reconditioning, il upload pictures soon and post my progress, for now here's a picture of the one I let go Report
April 24, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_225881 Hello Mark, welcome to the site Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
April 24, 20251 yr Author comment_225884 Cheers mate looking forward to getting back into the classic vauxhall scene Report
April 25, 20251 yr comment_225888 Morning Mark, one of my regrets was not buying a cab, long story short I was too impatient and ended up with a saloon Report
April 25, 20251 yr Author comment_225894 That's not a bad outcome mate, the saloon s are more sought after now aren't they? I'm picking both a saloon sri , and also a cabrio pretty much identical to my old 1, I'm getting both next week along with a set of 16" borbet a, and also bbs style 17s, I can't wait Report
April 26, 20251 yr comment_225895 Borbet 'A' is the way forward. Something else I should have bought in a previous life selling wheels🤣 Report
April 26, 20251 yr Author comment_225897 I think so mate, and the bbs on the saloon, borbets are 8j and bbs are 10.5j Report
April 30, 20251 yr Author comment_225905 Wwll my sri saloon got delivered today! Now to start the repairs, runs very lumpy , checked plugs, leads dizzy all seem fine, next the throttle body and vacuum hoses Report
May 3, 20251 yr comment_225908 Welcome to the group! Compression Test? Regardless of mileage, I would do one just in case it's leaking between cylinders at the head gasket (that's what happened to me 10 years ago so is always worth doing if only to eliminate it from enquiries). Report
July 7, 20251 yr comment_226073 Looks good mate, nice to see someone try something different Are you going lower it? Report
July 8, 20251 yr comment_226074 something about the 87 lower skirts on the saloon, and that lower lip was made for the mk11🤩 Report
July 8, 20251 yr Author comment_226075 Cheers lads ,yeah going to lower it ive got a 60mm springs to go.on but maybe will be a little to low, I want it low but not rubbing, and the lower lips a laguna splitter modified to fit Report
July 8, 20251 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_226078 Looks good.....I agree with Paul....nice to see something different (and I like a std car) Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
July 8, 20251 yr Author comment_226083 Cheers , I wanted to go down my own route but not got over the top and too far away from Original Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.