Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New to the group

Featured Replies

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself,  I owned a mk2 cavalier cabrio a few years ago and just put a deposit on another that I'm picking up next week also a mk2 sri saloon that needs reconditioning,  il upload pictures soon and post my progress,  for now here's a picture of the one I let go 

Screenshot_20250410_210524_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250410_210536_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250410_210531_eBay.jpg

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello Mark, welcome to the site

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Cheers mate looking forward to getting back into the classic vauxhall scene 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Hello 👋 Welcome to the group 😎

Morning Mark, one of my regrets was not buying a cab, long story short I was too impatient and ended up with a saloon

  • Author

That's not a bad outcome mate, the saloon s are more sought after now aren't they? I'm picking both a saloon sri , and also a cabrio pretty much identical to my old 1, I'm getting both next week along with a set of 16" borbet a, and also bbs style 17s, I can't wait

Borbet 'A' is the way forward. Something else I should have bought in a previous life selling wheels🤣

  • Author

I think so mate, and the bbs on the saloon, borbets are 8j and bbs are 10.5j

  • Author

Borbets are 20

Bbs are 40 mate

  • Author

Wwll my sri saloon got delivered today! Now to start the repairs,  runs very lumpy , checked plugs, leads dizzy all seem fine, next the throttle body and vacuum hoses

Screenshot_20250421_174757_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250421_174802_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250421_174806_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250421_174808_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20250421_174815_eBay.jpg

Welcome to the group!

 

Compression Test? Regardless of mileage, I would do one just in case it's leaking between cylinders at the head gasket (that's what happened to me 10 years ago so is always worth doing if only to eliminate it from enquiries). 

  • Author

That's the next port of call mate 

  • 2 months later...
  • Author

Well after a long hard graft she's 90% finished 😍

Screenshot_20250705_111138_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20250706_203704_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20250706_203851_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20250706_203827_Gallery.jpg

something about the 87 lower skirts on the saloon, and that lower lip was made for the mk11🤩

  • Author

Cheers lads ,yeah going to lower it ive got a 60mm springs to go.on but maybe will be a little to low, I want it low but not rubbing, and the lower lips a laguna splitter modified to fit

  • CLUB MEMBER

Looks good.....I agree with Paul....nice to see something different (and I like a std car)

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Cheers , I wanted to go down my own route but not got over the top and too far away from Original 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.