New owner of a Mk2 - A32LTM

Charlie Cavalier

• CLUB MEMBER

Hi All

I recently bought a Mk2 cavalier - i have added a lot of info on facebook, so apologies for any duplication

This is my fourth mk2 cav, but there has been around 25 years between them. She was bought on ebay, sight unseen in Bideford - only a 500 mile round trip! 

I took my good friend Martin down with me in my Vectra B estate all loaded with oil, coolant, tools, jump back, jack and a jerry can of petrol. We left my house in Essex at just gone 6am and got home at about 10pm. The little green cavvy was excellant, apart from the starter packing up at hook services, but a qick bump start and we were back on our way.

She has been to the garage for pre MOT check and she needs a couple of bits of welding which i am getting priced up. The idea will be to take her back to as close as stock as possible so the splitter hand grill have been removed and the reflective number plate panel & steering will be off in the next couple of days. Then i will get the welding done and the starter motor. Next up will be springs, shocks and exhaust before we move on to the timing belt, brakes (discs and pads) and steel wheels.

I assume getting any replacements for the green interior will be like hens teeth so not sure what i will do with the drivers seat as it has a metal bar showing at side.

Changed the plugs, oil and coolant yesterday

Plenty to do and she will never be perfect, but she will survive

IMG_20240828_130920.jpg

IMG_20240828_130928.jpg

IMG_20240828_133713.jpg

IMG_20240830_134027.jpg

IMG_20240831_104416.jpg

IMG_20240831_113507.jpg

• Like 2

Vectra B Hatchback - N Reg
Vectra B Estate - 51 Reg

Cavalier MK3 Saloon - K Reg

Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg

• CLUB MEMBER

Good to know, the steering wheel puller came today so i was going to do it tonight, but i decided to sort the indicator, rear number plate and seat covers.

Vectra B Hatchback - N Reg
Vectra B Estate - 51 Reg

Cavalier MK3 Saloon - K Reg

Cavalier MK2 Hatchback - A Reg

• CLUB REP

Our 'official' group over on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/groups/MK2CAV/?multi_permalinks=8417588218291557&notif_id=1725648589734459&notif_t=group_activity&ref=notif

Put your parts advert on there and here as well. The late rear lights are much more valuable than the mid or early spec.

• Thanks 1