Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vauxhall Cavalier 1982 1.6 SR Hatch

Featured Replies

I purchased towards the end of last year a one owner SR that has been off the road for 33 odd years. I am in the process of recommisioning but finding it difficult to obtain some parts and info. For instance I require a new fuel tank but cannot find a seller for the correct carb tank. Also having difficulty finding a supplier for an exhaust system.

IMG-20230929-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20230929-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20230929-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20230929-WA0014.jpg

thats a rare find, even has an accessory passenger door mirror, proper 80's car😀

have you considered someone like powerflow to fabricate an exhaust? 

  • Author

No not yet. At the moment all the rear is stripped off with the fuel tank out. The car is amazingly original underneath. Axle about to go away for blasting and powder coating then once together again I will spin it round and get the engine out. Just checking bits I will need along the way at the moment.

  • Author

Hi Mark

I'm in the Midlands, Coventry way. At the moment I'm not ready for the exhaust just planning ahead and getting my go to in order. If you have contact details I would be grateful.

  • CLUB MEMBER
15 hours ago, Shuggy said:

Hi Mark

I'm in the Midlands, Coventry way. At the moment I'm not ready for the exhaust just planning ahead and getting my go to in order. If you have contact details I would be grateful.

Your a bit away shuggy... am based in east lothian.. just east of Edinburgh... if you want my website is below 

www.map-ex.co.uk 

  • 5 months later...

I recently posted in the 'parts wanted' for a centre section exhaust for my 1986 convertible, and found I needed to order from abroad, via eBay. Just got it from Poland, this is the link for centre only but they do also have a full exhaust available. Note that it's  Opel Ascona C,  so you'll need to check for your year and model compatibility.

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152483520965?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11050.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=b31783e5a5dd4637afe3ec461c4bfb5c&bu=43150618568&osub=-1~1&crd=20240621200510&segname=11050

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.