January 7, 20242 yr comment_224936 I purchased towards the end of last year a one owner SR that has been off the road for 33 odd years. I am in the process of recommisioning but finding it difficult to obtain some parts and info. For instance I require a new fuel tank but cannot find a seller for the correct carb tank. Also having difficulty finding a supplier for an exhaust system. Report
January 7, 20242 yr comment_224937 thats a rare find, even has an accessory passenger door mirror, proper 80's car😀 have you considered someone like powerflow to fabricate an exhaust? Report
January 7, 20242 yr Author comment_224938 No not yet. At the moment all the rear is stripped off with the fuel tank out. The car is amazingly original underneath. Axle about to go away for blasting and powder coating then once together again I will spin it round and get the engine out. Just checking bits I will need along the way at the moment. Report
January 7, 20242 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_224939 Hi @Shuggy.. where are you based? I can fabricate you a stainless steel system Report
January 8, 20242 yr Author comment_224941 Hi Mark I'm in the Midlands, Coventry way. At the moment I'm not ready for the exhaust just planning ahead and getting my go to in order. If you have contact details I would be grateful. Report
January 8, 20242 yr comment_224943 You might find this of use, it gives you an idea of what is what and where it goes. Its a shame but it no longer has the full part number. https://opel.7zap.com/en/car/j82/ Also the Club's Facebook group hits a bigger audience than this forum nowadays. https://www.facebook.com/groups/MK2CAV Report
January 8, 20242 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_224945 15 hours ago, Shuggy said: Hi Mark I'm in the Midlands, Coventry way. At the moment I'm not ready for the exhaust just planning ahead and getting my go to in order. If you have contact details I would be grateful. Your a bit away shuggy... am based in east lothian.. just east of Edinburgh... if you want my website is below www.map-ex.co.uk Report
July 7, 20242 yr comment_225365 Exhausts are getting hard to find especially ctr section. If you're keeping it just get one made. If they are hard now, likley in 5 years plus time they'll be unobtainable completely. inbound583008036805766596.mp4 Report
July 7, 20242 yr comment_225366 I recently posted in the 'parts wanted' for a centre section exhaust for my 1986 convertible, and found I needed to order from abroad, via eBay. Just got it from Poland, this is the link for centre only but they do also have a full exhaust available. Note that it's Opel Ascona C, so you'll need to check for your year and model compatibility. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152483520965?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11050.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=b31783e5a5dd4637afe3ec461c4bfb5c&bu=43150618568&osub=-1~1&crd=20240621200510&segname=11050 Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.