Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VBOA Show Sywell 2023 21 to 23 July Chat thread

Featured Replies

  • Replies 64
  • Views 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I was the last one on stand in my Saab lol  Hopefully Lefty will be here next year if you’re still allowing MK3’s on  🤞 Current state in last pics, always a work in progress lol 

  • Nice and early John, excellent work.  I may have an issue though.....I might have a choice of mk2, lol.....never before.

  • not much of a choice, only one of yours works  😂

Posted Images

  • CLUB MEMBER

Nice and early John, excellent work.  I may have an issue though.....I might have a choice of mk2, lol.....never before.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

On 01/11/2022 at 12:21, Greg said:

Nice and early John, excellent work.  I may have an issue though.....I might have a choice of mk2, lol.....never before.

not much of a choice, only one of yours works  😂

19 hours ago, Paul said:

not much of a choice, only one of yours works  😂

One more working than me though

  • CLUB MEMBER

Wow don’t think we’ve ever had the date quite this early, have we?

13 hours ago, Rich said:

Wow don’t think we’ve ever had the date quite this early, have we?

gives me more time for an excuse for not having a cav there next year 

  • CLUB MEMBER

Depends on weather and how far people have to travel.  I have only been a few time (incl Billing) and people pile in Thursday or Friday and then sunday slope off.

Max power event, where is that?  I like the fact that it's a thing again

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER

My plan is to head to vboa Thursday or Friday ( depending on work ) then head to maxpower reunion Saturday nite for the pre party.. then show on Sunday... mk2 and mk3 cavs have been accepted into show

  • Author
On 09/11/2022 at 22:40, mark - back on the road said:

My plan is to head to vboa Thursday or Friday ( depending on work ) then head to maxpower reunion Saturday nite for the pre party.. then show on Sunday... mk2 and mk3 cavs have been accepted into show

VBOA only starts on Friday nowadays. We also welcome Members Mk3s as well as Mk2s.

  • Author
On 08/11/2022 at 00:17, Rich said:

Wow don’t think we’ve ever had the date quite this early, have we?

We, as VBOA, are getting into the swing of owning and operating our own show. Financially it is back on an even keel so a lot of the stress and worry has gone. Plus getting used to the quirks of Sywell. Also F1 is setting Silverstone dates earlier.

  • 1 month later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

£40 for all weekend camping (with 2 free U17s), not to bad.  Adding adults isn't so cheap mind.  I need to work out whether I can get there Friday or not yet.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Hotel booking site live on Monday.

Dear Affilated Clubs, The VBOA will NOT be taking hotel bookings for this years show, instead you will need to book direct with the Aviator Hotel at Sywell. The Aviator have confirmed they wil start to take bookings from Monday 9th January. You can book online https://www.aviatorhotel.co.uk/ or call  01604 642111Please note: The VBOA will NOT be able to assist with hotel booking enquiries.

Luckily for me, I only live up the road from Sywell…nr Kettering, so will be going to the VBOA event…

I’ll probably be bringing my Blue ‘79 Series-1 Monza ‘S’ to the Autobahnstormers stand and if it’s ok, with you guys, my ‘new’ ‘84 Cavalier Estate could be parked with some other lovely Mk2’s ??? 😎👅👍

  • Author

Look forward to seeing it there.

The beauty of our Club is that it doesn't matter what it looks like, all Mk2s are welcome. So by the look of it yours will be among the 'lovely' ones as you put it. :)

9 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Look forward to seeing it there.

The beauty of our Club is that it doesn't matter what it looks like, all Mk2s are welcome. So by the look of it yours will be among the 'lovely' ones as you put it. :)

That’s great, thanks!

I must confess, we’re very much like that with Monza’s - everyone is welcome…their part of our Monza family - ultimately, there are too few of them left now to be picky - only having show cars is something we’ve never done - we’re just glad someone appreciates the car enough to keep it going!

I will do my best to sort-out it’s bits & bobs before the show though, just for my own benefit as much as anything. 🙂👍😎

If anyone needs anything taking to the show, I’m happy to help where I can…

As I say, I only live a few minutes away, so a bit of running around isn’t gonna hurt! 🤪🤔👍

Guy.

38 minutes ago, GreyDJ2 said:

Here is one you would appreciate, 12 years ago in Norway. Have a friend who used to own the Opel dealership in Stavanger.

IMG_5098.JPG

Oh yes!…A Commodore GS Coupe’…a fabulous bit of kit!

Back in the day, Opel did them in an Aubergine colour and it made them look really classy, but oh-so sinister at the same time! 👅

  • CLUB MEMBER
13 hours ago, mark - back on the road said:

Do vboa have us as mk2 cavalier owners network? Holidays preliminarily agreed by work ... gona book tomorrow 

I think so, @GreyDJ2 john, please confirm

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 2 months later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

John, do we have numbers?  Can you do a sign up thread please.....might help drum up folks like me who are too lazy to sort it.  That said, I need to fix my tent and get a cav MOT'd lol

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.