March 28, 20215 yr comment_221424 Hi all New to the forum and to mk2 Cavalier ownership though my dad had one eons ago. Ive got a Brazil Brown B reg saloon, billy basic spec with zero electrics just what I like. 49k miles one owner off the road 20 years. Body wise it needs nothing structurally though could use a passenger door (and a good wash!) and interior wise it’s a total time warp piece down to the original GM mats. My brother and I are in the process of getting it back on the road, 3 hours after getting it back to his workshop it was alive and running well!! Clutch etc seem great, even the brakes were okay. Benefit of being stored in a warm dark garage for all these years. I plan to run it alongside my Nova for now and hopefully get to some car shows this year. I’ve tried to attach some pictures, hopefully they’ve worked!! Cheers!! Edited March 28, 20215 yr by Al1exx Report
March 28, 20215 yr comment_221425 very nice, just keep that Astra away from it, the gearbox self destruction mode is contagious... Report
March 28, 20215 yr Author comment_221426 Haha thank you - I certainly will!! It’s now nestling down behind a mk3 Astra instead which has a Saab engine - though it too has a slightly crunchy third gear.... The cavalier has a 4 speed gearbox exactly like my Nova, I half expected a 5 speed but was pleasantly surprised! I like a 4 speeder!! Edited March 28, 20215 yr by Al1exx Report
March 28, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221427 Welcome... another Scottish member.. where are you? Report
March 28, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221429 Just now, Al1exx said: I’m just outside Falkirk, you? Am in Scotland's Rivera... East Lothian Report
March 28, 20215 yr Author comment_221430 Oh la la very exotic!! 🤣 Once we are allowed to roam about again and my car is on the road we should organise a wee meet up Report
March 28, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221431 25 minutes ago, Al1exx said: Oh la la very exotic!! 🤣 Once we are allowed to roam about again and my car is on the road we should organise a wee meet up Aye mate my bad boy is out of hibernation.. and ready to go. there is a cav 40th birthday thing in September.. think it's going to be a run coast to coast starting in the east. Report
March 28, 20215 yr comment_221432 6 hours ago, Al1exx said: Haha thank you - I certainly will!! It’s now nestling down behind a mk3 Astra instead which has a Saab engine - though it too has a slightly crunchy third gear.... The cavalier has a 4 speed gearbox exactly like my Nova, I half expected a 5 speed but was pleasantly surprised! I like a 4 speeder!! if i recall, the 5 speed was optional at a cost of around £200...its amazing how many standard 4 speeds were sold! Report
March 28, 20215 yr Author comment_221433 24 minutes ago, mfcav said: Aye mate my bad boy is out of hibernation.. and ready to go. there is a cav 40th birthday thing in September.. think it's going to be a run coast to coast starting in the east. Count me in dude! Sounds awesome Report
March 28, 20215 yr Author comment_221434 5 minutes ago, vxcalibre said: if i recall, the 5 speed was optional at a cost of around £200...its amazing how many standard 4 speeds were sold! 4 speed for the win!! 😎 Report
April 1, 20215 yr comment_221465 Car looks really good. Look forward to seeing it in the flesh. TBH my green eyed devil was really looking at the trailer in the first pic. I've been eyeing a 2.5V6 Vectra B CDX Estate in Norwich. My trailer is fine for Neve the Nova but the Vectra would be a tight squeeze. Had a Corsa D on her last week. Ended up had to drive her up and over the wheels and mudguards to load. Made me have a look online at dimensions. To my surprise a Corsa D is about 20mm wider than a Vectra B. Shows how models outgrow themselves. Report
April 14, 20215 yr Author comment_221518 ... and just when it was all going so well, running smooth as a sewing machine, when suddenly dropped a cylinder. A bit of investigation later and found to have a broken rocker arm. Not sure why but my brother is working on it, appears to have done no damage other than the rocker - very lucky - we don't know why it has broken, but more digging required. Even on 3 cylinders the car is keen to drive!! 😆 That trailer is awesome but sadly, that and the Volvo are not mine lol. They belong to my brother's friend who helped get the car home. I know who to shout on if I find any other projects for sure! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.