February 1, 20215 yr comment_221221 Hi, I came across to this forum as I was searching about the Cavalier MK2, and the reason for me to do this search is because my father die yesterday in Brazil and he left a Cavalier MK2 for me and my sister. As I live in UK I thought I should join you guys and perhaps some of you could help me on find parts or even what could be done in the car to make it a bit more exciting. It is very early time to what I am going to do with the car. But It was a car that my father loves and I really would like to make it run well and have a bit of fun when I am visiting my sister in Brazil. Let's see what I will be doing to this car, but at the moment is to make it road worth and in the future make it a bit more exciting and drive it at Interlagos track. https://www.instagram.com/teach2race/?hl=en www.adrianomedeiros.co.uk https://www.facebook.com/adriano.medeiros.1023/ Best Regards Report
February 3, 20215 yr comment_221231 Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your loss, it must be hard for you. I think your car is great, we dont see many 2 doors over here so its nice to see another one out there. You are in the right place for advice although the site is quiet as many use Facebook now. A few members still prefer here though. Good luck and post some more pictures. Report
February 3, 20215 yr Author comment_221232 Great forum and facebook page. I start following the facebook page too. I will see how everything will develp and keep you guys posted. My dream it will be to drive the car at Interlagos track on a track day. My father was passionate about motorsport. So when this happens I will take pictures and videos to post here. It may take a while but I will be working on it. Once again Thank you Report
February 5, 20215 yr comment_221240 Sorry to hear about your father its good to have a dream and driving the car around interlagos is a very cool dream to have Report
February 8, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221259 On 03/02/2021 at 10:56, Adriano Medeiros said: Great forum and facebook page. I start following the facebook page too. I will see how everything will develp and keep you guys posted. My dream it will be to drive the car at Interlagos track on a track day. My father was passionate about motorsport. So when this happens I will take pictures and videos to post here. It may take a while but I will be working on it. Once again Thank you Welcome to the site and you have my condolences about your father. Plenty of mk2 crazy people on here, so plenty of advice to help you out as and when. Take your time with it. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
February 8, 20215 yr Author comment_221266 She is on her way to my sister house to be in the garage till we can get something done and start working on it. I will keep you guys posted on this. It may take a while for some development. But would be great if you guys could give suggestions on a racing suspension (shockabsorbers, bushes and springs) and breaks I could do. Report
February 11, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221278 Get the thing jacked up and have a good look at it. I'm guessing it won't have the rust that the UK climate and winter salt have here. We can assist as you need, best get your membership in to see all the project threads for some cav goodness. Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
February 11, 20215 yr Author comment_221284 Thanks for the comment. The car is now at my sister house, yesterday she started up and is running really well. My father was a mechanic and clearly he has done some good work on it. The carb is really clean and by the video my sister showed me, he surely has clean and set the carb up. The only rust she has is on the floor, driver side. It is going to be a slow process for me due to the money situation as the COVID has took 50% of my earnings last year. So far this year I couldn't work. But hopefully there will be some progress in the near future. Thanks again. Report
February 11, 20215 yr CLUB MEMBER comment_221285 Same as me, I lost 8 months income completely in the last 12.....gutted, but it could be worse. Good luck, sounds like you should be able to get it sorted. Edited February 11, 20215 yr by Greg Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR Renault 5e daily (french go kart) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.