Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I used to be a member.

Featured Replies

So, I was here in 2004, and last time I owned a mk2 cavalier was 2008. 

I stopped coming in 2010, lost my login and changed my email address. 

So 10 years later what's been happening? 

Personally. I've since then owned a mk3 Astra, mk4 astra, volve S40, accord 2.2 cdti and currently have a 3.2 MV6 omega as my daily driver, which I'm doing about 20K a year in.

I've just fitted a stainless Jetex, due to the old one being like rusty cheese 

Wife has a mk6 Astra, auto. Bought because she needed an electronic hand brake. It's giffer spec. 

20200807_170817.thumb.jpg.b478f56469ba0599603a51d4bc4347e3.jpg

I recently had a heart attack which was Ironic, given that I'd lost 3 stone over the last year. Now working 3 days a week. 2 from home and one in Hinkley. Only a 2.5 hour commute. 

20190317_194905.thumb.jpg.aa2425de57f8e624ccd85cbb4f489971.jpg

20200708_125335.thumb.jpg.ba9d07311132496df9ee48a8da61da7f.jpg

20190530_185600.thumb.jpg.32be502e150db796e14532094dd5cbc2.jpg

20190823_173143.thumb.jpg.a90a32ae5cb1acff51e334c1fad1186e.jpg

Welcome back!  Sorry to hear you've been unwell, but good your on the mend. Things are much quieter on here these days since the rise of Facebook. Only the die hard oldies tend to frequent the forum,  still its good to be here. 

1 hour ago, Old new Pod said:

I've never used Facebook. And never will.     

That makes two of us .....as Chris said , good your on the mend , nice Omega too , don't see many about these days 

probably getting as rare as MK2 Cavs

  • 5 months later...
  • CLUB MEMBER

POD.....sorry to hear about the health scare.  Same, facebook sucks ass......the white LX is still not done (in your 10yrs away....lol).

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 3 weeks later...

I do remember you Jacko lah and on Cavweb too. Sorry to hear you've not been well but glad you're on the mend and taking things easier. That is a long commute but at least it's only once a week. Nice looking Omega, don't see many of them anymore.

  • Author

If I drive in cruise at 70 mph, and don't touch the accelerator it gives 34 mpg average. It improved after a full service, coil packs and a stainless Cat back exhaust. 

As soon as you start using any road with roundabouts, where you have to brake and accelerate, it starts to drop. When I was going to Derby, the first 60 miles to J15 of the M6, would give me 34 mpg, but after 40 miles on the A50 it would be showing 28.  

Round town, I'm getting 14. 

If you floor it from rest to 100 without taking your foot off the accelerator, 7. 

It's a 4 speed auto. I despite me saying that automatics were for people with no motoring soul, I bought it because my left leg couldn't take the clutch in traffic on the m6 on a Friday afternoon. 

There's one cavalier I wish id kept. The cdi auto. Clunk.into.third.com 

 

11 hours ago, mk2_cav_diesel said:

I do remember you Jacko lah and on Cavweb too. Sorry to hear you've not been well but glad you're on the mend and taking things easier. That is a long commute but at least it's only once a week. Nice looking Omega, don't see many of them anymore.

Another diesel owner!

  • Author
15 minutes ago, chris m said:

Another diesel owner!

Did anyone ever convert a diesel to auto, and run it on chip fat.  Now that's a car I'd enjoy. Especially if very base model. 

On 24/02/2021 at 13:20, Old new Pod said:

Did anyone ever convert a diesel to auto, and run it on chip fat.  Now that's a car I'd enjoy. Especially if very base model. 

Happy to sell you a project if you want to test the theory.

  • Author
1 hour ago, chris m said:

Happy to sell you a project if you want to test the theory.

I've got some wings and welding to do on a mk1 mx5 when the weather improves, so erm no. 

My old 205 project runs on filtered chip fat 😅 not an auto tho! Would be cool to see a cav on it 

  • CLUB MEMBER

I daily drove 2 x MV6's as dailys for years and loved them both. Although the 3.0 was rusty, it was a damn sight faster than the 2.6 I replaced it with, which was immaculate, but ultimately slower. Smoking around in a 2014 Octavia VRS estate I've owned since new, while punishing myself by buying a communist fire engine and resurrecting a variety of cavs I should never have let drop! Most I could get from the Omega daily was about 32mpg but that removed all of the fun! 

  • 1 month later...
  • Author
On 02/03/2021 at 19:09, andy said:

I daily drove 2 x MV6's as dailys for years and loved them both. Although the 3.0 was rusty, it was a damn sight faster than the 2.6 I replaced it with, which was immaculate, but ultimately slower. Smoking around in a 2014 Octavia VRS estate I've owned since new, while punishing myself by buying a communist fire engine and resurrecting a variety of cavs I should never have let drop! Most I could get from the Omega daily was about 32mpg but that removed all of the fun! 

Just driven Formby to Uttoxeter after new plugs, oil and filters. 

Max speed 101 lepricorns after some dude in a generation 1 mini Cooper decided to fail gate me on the A50. 

Cruise set to the the speed limit for all the other 85 out of 86 miles. 

33 mpg achieved. Most of The time at 70 mph on the M6 it was showing an instantaneous reading of 36 to 40 mpg. When you floor it, with the sport buttom pressed, it drops to 7 mpg instananeous. 

The 3 weeks before I did a total of 25 miles, around Formby, and achieved ah....16 mpg. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.