Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Intro

Featured Replies

Back in 1986, my dad bought a new cavalier (or opel Ascona as its known by here in Ireland). A lovely brown hatch with 1.6 petrol. Shortly after buying it, it was stolen and crashed. Back then cars were repaired. He had it afterwards for 6 years and ran like a dream. After he sold it, it used to pass by the house every morning. A few years later, he spotted it for sale again. He promptly persuaded Mam to trade her 1.2 kadett in and got it back. 

Then I started driving and learnt to drive in the Ascona, passed my test in it. I bought it from them when I needed a car of my own. It pulled the ladies...😀. Then being in my early 20's I sold it to a lad and I moved on from it. It was stolen from its then owner a few months later and at that stage unfortunately was beyond repair. 

Then skip forward to around 2003 while browsing Ebay, I ended up buying cavalier cabriolet D346OOL. I flew to uk, picked it up and drove it home. After driving it around for summer months, it got parked up to complete some 'minor' restoration work. It wasn't minor... it was bad. My skills were not in bodywork repair, so i sold it on.

And now 2020, in the middle of a global pandemic I find myself once again the proud owner of a 88 Cavalier cabriolet. This one has the calibre bodykit, digi dash, vectra gsi front discs, Sri rear beam and disc, mohair cover...... oh and the redtop to move it. The story continues.......

Screenshot_20200515-182838_DoneDeal.jpg

nice car,  have to say great combination of engine, body and colour! and smoke side repeaters too... 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.