October 7, 20178 yr comment_216017 23 hours ago, jan the man said: My first cavalier was a white 1:6 hatch with a red interior ,frj947y, which almost used more oil than petrol!. It had scirrocco wheels on it. My next was an Opel ascona q702jfj/htt218y with over 300,00miles on it plus a bodykit I still haven't identified in henna red. I used a few bits from the first cav on the Opel. I then had a silver Opel ascona which was written off by a joy rider. The silver Opel I drove for 10 miles to my mother in law's house & then discovered that it had no cooling system, as in pipes missing! & when I took out the pistons, they had BIG craters in the sides (strangely the sidewalls were ok)& yet it ran rather well. Many years later I bought my boss's cd which is running around in the Midlands somewhere. Then had a convertable (died from rust), a green saloon 1:6 & now the hog. Edited October 7, 20178 yr by jan the man Couldn't spell Report
October 7, 20178 yr comment_216026 My first and only Cav which i still have is my Mk2 SRI 130 saloon in red. I was looking for a late spec Escort RS Turbo or Astra GTE 16V ,always liked the SRI / 130 saloons but gave up looking as even in 1994 there were many rusty and thrashed boy racer ones around. Found my ideal car and could not believe my luck when i saw it, mint, every bill including original receipt, brochures, low mileage, mature owner etc, love at first site ( dont tell the wife ) and i knew it was going to be a keeper. Paid £3495 cash for it, well pleased as i had a budget of 5K for a car Report
October 7, 20178 yr Author comment_216027 37 minutes ago, neilsri130 said: My first and only Cav which i still have is my Mk2 SRI 130 saloon in red. I was looking for a late spec Escort RS Turbo or Astra GTE 16V ,always liked the SRI / 130 saloons but gave up looking as even in 1994 there were many rusty and thrashed boy racer ones around. Found my ideal car and could not believe my luck when i saw it, mint, every bill including original receipt, brochures, low mileage, mature owner etc, love at first site ( dont tell the wife ) and i knew it was going to be a keeper. Paid £3495 cash for it, well pleased as i had a budget of 5K for a car Sounds like a beauty.. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.