Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MK2CAV.COM

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hatchback

Featured Replies

  • Author

Spent two days cleaning out scuttle and drain plugs searching for my leak, think I've found it coming in through the brake pedal at the back of the servo , so I think that's gotta come out to reseal it.

20180709_154509.jpg

20180709_163215.jpg

20180709_163254.jpg

20180709_172304.jpg

  • Replies 139
  • Views 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Kelvin berry
    Kelvin berry

    Spent the day sourcing parts for my new cavalier,  found a new wing off ebay, sills and arches from a place in malvern, and arranged to get her collected for next weekend. Feeling really excited

  • Lol.....thanks....any mk2 love is appreciated on here.  Good luck with it Kelvin

  • 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinion time, but as has been said, gotta find someone that likes / loves them! If you don't need the car anytime soon, there are some top guys in Scotland! (only half joking!)

Posted Images

  • CLUB MEMBER

Good to see you haven't given up yet Kelvin, keep at it.  Are you a fully paid up member yet?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author

Not givingup no way,  yeah paid membership up about 2 month back so hope to see some faces to put to names on Saturday. 

  • CLUB MEMBER
On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 13:31, Kelvin berry said:

Not givingup no way,  yeah paid membership up about 2 month back so hope to see some faces to put to names on Saturday. 

Nice job.  I cannot make it as I am on holiday.

Can someone in admin move this thread to the members projects area please?

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

HELP!! Need a bit of grounding , I've got the chance of buying an opel ascona y reg, do I buy it and breaking for spares or do I buy it and do it up or is it to much to take on while I'm doing the lx , any advice would be greatly appreciated. ..

  • Author

Yeah its gold, but lost the original post so can't find the pics, it's down Romford way somewhere, have just been informed that it might have been damaged on front before , the rear offside wheel arch has completely disappeared and the inner looks rough.

  • CLUB MEMBER

I'f you do get it, orwin will live on through any panels that are still good you don't need if it's not saveable. Up to date pics would be good to assess if it is.. and technically - @Greg everything is.. but sometimes it's not so sane / practical!

  • CLUB MEMBER

Back from my hols......currently trapped a nerve in my neck so that has meant the same progress to my projects as before....nadder

Kelvin, as Andy says anything is savable, its whether its for economic or emotional reasons.  Mk2s have historically only be restored / saved for emotional reasons, but the tide is turning a little.

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • Author
4 hours ago, Greg said:

Back from my hols......currently trapped a nerve in my neck so that has meant the same progress to my projects as before....nadder

Kelvin, as Andy says anything is savable, its whether its for economic or emotional reasons.  Mk2s have historically only be restored / saved for emotional reasons, but the tide is turning a little.

Ouch not nice having a trapped nerve hope you feel better soon greg, have decided not to get the ascona , am now not in a position to do the work on it and the  cav.

  • Author

I'm gonna take the dash out tomorrow and then I'm gonna take a video of the state of it all after I've removed the wings, if I can attach it on here I will do so you can all see thecondition of the car now. I'm really considering breaking it now because every job I try and do ends up to have been attempted already , half the wiring was disconnected behind the dash and some of the nuts were missing, once the soundproofing comes out I'll nook at the state of the bulkhead if it's rusted it's game over.

  • CLUB MEMBER

Kelvin, have a look at my Gregs LX back story......its not over till its over......well till its not ;¬)

Fingers crossed its not too bad

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

  • CLUB MEMBER
On 05/08/2018 at 18:13, Kelvin berry said:

Ok Greg, will do where do I find it?

http://www.mk2cav.com/topic/22089-gregs-lx/

Low res 40MB download file in there (as it broke the new website when we transferred across).

Current mk2 stock: 3 LXs: white c20xe, blue & red std, blue LX parts car, blue GLi, & monaro VXR

Renault 5e daily (french go kart)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.